Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S&W M&P BodyGuard .38 spl +P 5-shot revolver

I carry it in an IWB GALCO tuckable... Easy to carry... Very light, sleek, no snags, powerful and has a laser

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Good looking internal hammer revolver.
My type of carry firearm.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Not that I have any firearms, but, IF I did, it would be a S&W 442 pro for CCW carry......

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hate to throw a Baby Ruth in the swimming pool, but the S&W Bodyguard 38 was the worst handgun I've ever owned. Had timing and cylinder lock-up issues almost from the get-go. Sent it back to S&W, came back in worse shape than when I sent it. Got rid of it straight away, purchased a Model 36 that has been as good as the Bodyguard was bad. Mine might've been the runt of the litter, but I can't bring myself to recommend it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm off to shoot all my carry guns now-- (including this BG) just to ensure they all still function flawlessly

Will provide a quick range report this afternoon

·
Administrator
22,142 Posts
I have a Smith 642 and it is the ideal pocket carry firearm.

Reactions: cptpoly

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
LCR9 works for me... thats a nice looking gun though.

laser sight on a snubnose, i thought they were point and shoot as it was.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the Bodyguard but the laser looked awkward to turn on and the cylinder latch was so different it put me off.
Probably doesn't suit everyone... But my right thumb (shooting hand) easily manuvers to turn laser on\off with the red switch and also easily pushes the cylinder latch

This is one gun I hand to handle before buying to ensure it fit my hand and the manual of operations worked for me

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I'm old school, so it's still my 32 year old Model 60 snubbie.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Even though I'm a revolver guy, I ended up with the Bodyguard .380 for pocket carry. Getting past the long trigger stroke it's a good pistol. The ambidextrous laser controls are a nice touch and right at your fingertips. It's been a great shooting pistol so far...(y)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good looking revolver. I carry a SP101 or an LC-9s.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
My wife had a Bodyguard 38 and hated it.
Reliable and accurate enough, it just was no fun to shoot. It was actually painful to shoot.
Just too small and light for anything but the lightest loads.

Ended up selling it and getting her a SR9c that she shoots quite well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts