Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we've had the shotgun forums banner displayed up top for a day or two now.... anybody else here joining? i would assume since it's a banner showing on the ruger forum that the "top brass" have authorized its presence. anybody have any additional info? thoughts about it? i, for one, am optimistic about it 'upping' my learning curve...

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I will probably join to pick the brains of the shotgun experts in the area of trap/skeet and hunting with a shotgun since in my state if I'm not using a muzzleloader or a bow to hunt deer my only other option is a shotgun. But, I can use an actual rifle for other game so go figure how that makes any sense. I have my grandfathers old Winchester 1500 from the 70's or 80's. Hopefully I'll get to try it in the next few days as I finally have a membership to a gun club after my old one closed down.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably join to pick the brains of the shotgun experts in the area of trap/skeet and hunting with a shotgun since in my state if I'm not using a muzzleloader or a bow to hunt deer my only other option is a shotgun. But, I can use an actual rifle for other game so go figure how that makes any sense. I have my grandfathers old Winchester 1500 from the 70's or 80's. Hopefully I'll get to try it in the next few days as I finally have a membership to a gun club after my old one closed down.
likewise. i'm new to shotguns, but i'm pretty much addicted at this point, and want advice, pointers, little glimmers of info, etc. i'm somewhat set in my ways for someone my age but since the shotgun forum is fairly similar to the ruger forum in layout, i'll probably acclimate fairly quickly. looking forward to learning from folks (especially those who are members of both).

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Only shotguns I own are my grandfather's antiques and I have nowhere to shoot them.
Think I'm going to stick with handguns and my 22 cal. rifles.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
so we've had the shotgun forums banner displayed up top for a day or two now.... anybody else here joining? i would assume since it's a banner showing on the ruger forum that the "top brass" have authorized its presence. anybody have any additional info? thoughts about it? i, for one, am optimistic about it 'upping' my learning curve...
Hey arg0naut - there are a number of familiar names over there and it has potential to be a good forum. A lot of emphasis on clays so you should enjoy it. It may take some time to get rolling. Not much there yet on shotgun hunting but I'm hoping that will develop too. And no Ruger forum - but I asked for one!

I have a dove hunt scheduled for tomorrow with my son. Hoping to get some birds if the winds and rain from this hurricane don't mess it all up.

Wave

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I can't keep up now..... :eek:

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey arg0naut - there are a number of familiar names over there and it has potential to be a good forum. A lot of emphasis on clays so you should enjoy it. It may take some time to get rolling. Not much there yet on shotgun hunting but I'm hoping that will develop too. And no Ruger forum - but I asked for one!

I have a dove hunt scheduled for tomorrow with my son. Hoping to get some birds if the winds and rain from this hurricane don't mess it all up.

Wave
happy hunting!

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
shotgun forum

I'm gonna join. Always been a handgun nut, but years ago shot enough trap to justify ( in my mind at least ) a Perazzi and a Ljutic. Still shoot a little sporting clays and occational skeet with a beautiful Remington 1100 Tournament Skeet Grade that I've owned for nearly 30 years--I'll post a pic on the shotgun forum.:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
im there....but im kinda wondering how some posters have 3000 posts in 5 days.
i think bots are being used to make it look like people are posting. i asked admin about this.
we shall see.

btw...i look forward to sharing my expertise on shotguns with all of you.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts

Wave
Ask and ye shall receive! There is now a Ruger forum there and a hunting section with four forums.

Wave

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I joined yesterday. Hope it turns out to be as good as this forum.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I joined yesterday. Hope it turns out to be as good as this forum.
i've been playing around over there for the past hour or so. layout is very much like here, and some nice threads are started. also, nicely specific. section just for trap shooting, section just for skeet, etc.

i'm having fun with it so far.

and there's a classifieds section just like here.

who knows, maybe since that whole forum is dedicated to shotguns, i'll find the "legendary" ruger red label that wave form has been taunting me with.:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
as you know im over there too....but to be honest, its dead as doornails and most of the posts in there are 2 years old posted up with some bot program.
its like walking around the dead and occasionally you bump into a real live poster in real time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts