Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't have the compact, I have the full size P250 in .45 but it has the same trigger mechanism as the compact. Nice gun if you like a DAO trigger. It feels like a well used, tuned revolver. Long pull & reset but very smooth & not heavy at all, feels much lighter than my LCR trigger. It's easy to keep the sights on target pulling the trigger. 100% reliable so far with a few hundred rounds; except when my wife shot it. She has rather small & weak hands & wrists so the muzzle went straight up & the slide didn't come back enough to chamber the next round. She shot it once & handed it back to me. Me, I've fed it all kinds of ammo & never had a fail. Easy to take down & clean. Some prefer the striker fired P320 but I'm mainly a revolver guy so I wouldn't change a thing with the trigger.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
I have not shot a P250 subcompact. I have shot a P250 compact 9mm. Trigger action is good for a DAO pistol. If you can dry fire a P250 I think you will find the feel is the same as in live fire. With the striker-fired P320, many have noted that the trigger feels better in live fire than dry fire.

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
441 Posts
I have a P250 subcompact in 9mm and like it. I like the trigger pull but a lot of people do not like the long pull. The main reason I got it was I was not comfortable with a chambered round in my (sold) Glock 19. Although the trigger pull is heavier and much longer than the Glock – I really like the fact that there is almost zero chance of an accidental discharge.

I have only about 100 rounds through it – and it has been 100% functional so far. Truth be told though, only 20 rounds of the 100 were hollow points. I have tried on several occasions to make it fail to feed using A-Zoom snap caps – and it has never once hung up chambering a snap cap. I also have a .380 conversion kit for it – and the recoil spring is much lighter – and it will hang up on snap caps occasionally.

For what my opinion is worth – it is my primary HD pistol. I probably should put a couple hundred more rounds through it just to be sure, but I live in a pretty low threat area so I am confident in it. Although a lot of gun sophisticates turn their nose up at the P250 - I think it is a great pistol for the money. Certainly nothing against Ruger's, but I might add that I had nothing but problems with an SR9c in late 2014 and quickly sold it at a significant loss.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" I was not comfortable with a chambered round in my (sold) Glock 19."
I'm not that keen on carrying a gun like an LC9sPro.
a friend of mine that works at a gun store, got into Glocks when they first came on the market for LE. one of his buddies who was a DEA agent (and old revolver guy) showed him the "correct" way to carry a Glock, carry it without a round in the chamber. chambering a round was part of the draw. (I think you'll find a loyal LE following for DA/SA pistols like Sig, HK, Beretta).
I got rid of a Kahr(never liked the trigger and the gun just had a "cheap" feel about it) and bought a S&W mdl. 36 snubnose. I like the S&W trigger. I also have a Ruger P-89 and I'm not in love with the trigger it is very serviceable.
after I get rid of the LC9s, I'll be looking for a "subcompact", either DA/SA or DAO.
does the Sig 250 have free travel in the trigger pull or are you pulling on something all the time? (looseness or free travel in the trigger lets me get into the bad habit of slapping the trigger and the accuracy goes way down).
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 3 P250 compacts and 1 subcompact. They are great guns! Very nice trigger, accurate and reliable. I have more expensive guns but the P250's do just as well as a $1000 gun!

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
441 Posts
Mo - I suppose this varies a little from FCU to FCU - but there is only a tiny bit of take-up on mine. The trigger pull never changes on mine - it's consistent throughout. The FCU's run around $225-240 and I'm about to pay off my layaway on a second one. That said - there have been some broken spring complaints on the FCUs on high round count pistols. I don't have enough money to afford enough ammo to break any springs!! :(

Just read another very good article on TTAG - written by a firearms law lawyer - about carrying with an empty chamber BTW ...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
" I was not comfortable with a chambered round in my (sold) Glock 19."
I'm not that keen on carrying a gun like an LC9sPro.
a friend of mine that works at a gun store, got into Glocks when they first came on the market for LE. one of his buddies who was a DEA agent (and old revolver guy) showed him the "correct" way to carry a Glock, carry it without a round in the chamber. chambering a round was part of the draw. (I think you'll find a loyal LE following for DA/SA pistols like Sig, HK, Beretta).
I got rid of a Kahr(never liked the trigger and the gun just had a "cheap" feel about it) and bought a S&W mdl. 36 snubnose. I like the S&W trigger. I also have a Ruger P-89 and I'm not in love with the trigger it is very serviceable.
after I get rid of the LC9s, I'll be looking for a "subcompact", either DA/SA or DAO.
does the Sig 250 have free travel in the trigger pull or are you pulling on something all the time? (looseness or free travel in the trigger lets me get into the bad habit of slapping the trigger and the accuracy goes way down).
thanks
Checks the Walther P99C-AS if you're interested in a DA/SA subcompact pistol. Very overlooked handgun for CC. Mine should be in my hands next week. Actually has 3 different trigger "choices" in a striker-fired gun. Decocked puts it in DA with a longer pull of about 8-9 lbs I believe. Cocked puts one in the pipe and trigger is in same position as DA, but with less effort...anti stress position they call it. Cocked and trigger staged in SA for third position (not advised for carry). I held HKs, Sigs, and liked the P99 better. Just throwing it out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts