Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new show that I love. It's called Duck Dynasty, it's on A&E and it is a sort of reality show featuring the Duck Commanders. It takes hilarious to totally unexplored territory, especially the two funniest guys Si and Jase Robertson! Anybody else here like 'em? I wonder if it's getting pretty popular, 'cause they're showing the episodes more and more frequently now.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I think its rolling on the floor funny, but it's also kind of embarrassing as it is shot in the town where I live.

If you watch it, it's best to do it for entertainment. Reality? Not so much. The other night there was an episode on where they were putting up Xmas lights. You could hear crickets and frogs in the background, and everything was green. It was obviously shot in the summer.

I really like the family dinners at the end of each show.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I watched a few years ago when the weren't "trying" to do stupid stuff. Now it's too predictable, they try too hard to be dumb and I gave up on it.

-Lewi

·
4E617468616E 4C656767
1,840 Posts
Guilty here, I love the show. I like Si, but my favorite parts are the interactions between Willie and Jase. Willie constantly trying to act like a 'sophisticate', and Jase just looking on shaking his head. Such as when Willie bought a winery online and didn't know a single thing about making wine. He wanted to call his new product, "Willie Wine". Jase was like, 'using the name Willie in a liquor makes sense if it's moonshine, not wine'.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I enjoy it. Only "reality" show I will watch. All the rest have too much drama. Duck Dynasty actually has entertainment and family values. All are scripted, but this one is done tastefully.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the show has been on a few years now. It's pretty funny but like someone else said I think it's all staged at this point. I still record it every week incase I miss it. Some of the things Si says in hilarious!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I enjoy it. Only "reality" show I will watch. All the rest have too much drama. Duck Dynasty actually has entertainment and family values. All are scripted, but this one is done tastefully.
+1

Its nice to see a reality show based on a rich family that isn't scripted around how rich they are, but instead funny situations and life messages. Its wholesome entertainment that the entire family can enjoy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.