Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Pop-up says you need to sign up as a member before you can read it. I'll find the info elsewhere.

Snipex Alligator - Wikipedia

Gives the weight as 25 kilograms. That's 55 pounds. This thing ain't a rifle, it's shoulder fired artillery......o_O

Here's Wiki on the .57 caliber ammunition

14.5×114mm - Wikipedia

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I tried it again, all I get is:

This story is just for Pop Mech members.
Join and read it right now, plus get unlimited access to:

• Our most in-depth stories—like this one—about science, military, space, tech, and more
  • An annual print subscription
  • A members-only weekly newsletter
  • Access to scientists, engineers, and other experts
  • Special member discount to the Pop Mech shop

Reactions: Redhawk100

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just tried it again, and the whole article comes up just fine. It comes up in Apple news, and there is an ad to subscribe to Apple news, but you don’t have to subscribe to read the article. I am not a computer expert, but you have something wrong. I also don’t need to sign in every time I come here.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I only need to sign in if my computer has been off. Once I'm signed in, it's good all day, even if I close the tab.
I didn't need the article, anyway. I learned more than enough on Wikipedia.
It's probably my VPN. Some sites despise them, they don't know where you are to "tailor" the advertisements. Right now a site would think I'm 400 miles from where I really am. I love it. Tomorrow it may be 1000 miles. The program picks my "location" at random.

• Wow
Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take two if someone is offering. After all, I think we probably paid for them with our tax dollars anyway.
You are probably right. I didn’t think about that. I will write my congressman, and see what he can do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I only need to sign in if my computer has been off. Once I'm signed in, it's good all day, even if I close the tab.
I didn't need the article, anyway. I learned more than enough on Wikipedia.
It's probably my VPN. Some sites despise them, they don't know where you are to "tailor" the advertisements. Right now a site would think I'm 400 miles from where I really am. I love it. Tomorrow it may be 1000 miles. The program picks my "location" at random.
I run Brave browser with Brave Shields up. The site opened for me. I put Shields down, and the site "greyed out". So probably is your VPN. And I read the PM post, and Wikipedia; you got everything you needed and then some.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I just tried it again, and the whole article comes up just fine. It comes up in Apple news, and there is an ad to subscribe to Apple news, but you don’t have to subscribe to read the article. I am not a computer expert, but you have something wrong. I also don’t need to sign in every time I come here.
the article loaded up just fine for me ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pop-up says you need to sign up as a member before you can read it. I'll find the info elsewhere.

Snipex Alligator - Wikipedia

Gives the weight as 25 kilograms. That's 55 pounds. This thing ain't a rifle, it's shoulder fired artillery......o_O

Here's Wiki on the .57 caliber ammunition

14.5×114mm - Wikipedia
Wow. It's classified as "anti-materiel". That reminds of basic where the drills told us it was against the Geneva Convention to use a .50 cal on enemy troops. It could only be used against equipment. Therefore, we were instructed to aim for their rucksacks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts