Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a Gunbroker auction for this on the weekend. Finally found one unfired after kicking myself for not getting one when it was introduced. Does anyone actually own this model?

How is the action? Accuracy? Thoughts?

Single Seven image.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I've been reading everything I can find about the Single Seven's and know that they're shooters and are very accurate. What I don't know (yet) is if this particular Lipsey's model (or all Lipsey's models) have better actions than the standard Single Seven offerings directly from Ruger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To answer your question, when I checked Ruger's website, all Single-Seven models are listed as distributor exclusives. So I guess there's no "standard" offering.
Enjoy your purchase. It is a fine choice and a very capable gun.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hello- I have one. It is a joy to carry and a joy to shoot. Full bore .327 rounds are very pleasant to shoot. I had to order mine from a local dealer. When it arrived, it was not indexing properly. Sent it back to Ruger and it was fixed. Love carrying mine in a Mernickle rig. Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! That's just the kind of information I was looking for! May I ask which holster that is and did Mernickle make the 7-round carrier as a custom?

According to the seller the one I bought indexes perfectly. Happy about that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello- I have one. It is a joy to carry and a joy to shoot. Full bore .327 rounds are very pleasant to shoot. I had to order mine from a local dealer. When it arrived, it was not indexing properly. Sent it back to Ruger and it was fixed. Love carrying mine in a Mernickle rig. Enjoy yours!
View attachment 144718
Six Gun that is a very handsome outfit you have there Sir, through my view finder it's perfect. Where did you fine those grips?

Regards
Jim

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
I 'wish' the blued revolvers were available when I was looking for one... I ended up with with a 5 1/2" stainless instead. All it gets it .32 H&R Magnum cartridges put through it as it is a common denominator of all my .32s. And if I want to 'push' I have .357s. It is accurate enough for what I use it for. Could use a trigger job of course, but then all Rugers should get the treatment. I believe I just dropped a trigger spring leg, and deal with the creep. Been awhile since I've had it out.

Reactions: larry44

·
Registered
323 Posts
Larry44, with the Lipsey's models they do not touch the internals so it's the same action and if you want improvement you'll have to have it done or do it yourself. Not too hard to do yourself.

rclark, if you're looking to get out of he stainless I could help you out!

·
Registered
448 Posts
The more I see of those Bird’sheads, the better I like ‘em.......

·
Registered
530 Posts
Six Gun that is a very handsome outfit you have there Sir, through my view finder it's perfect. Where did you fine those grips?

Regards
Jim
Hello- Thank you for the kind post. The Black Micarta Grips come standard on that particular model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts