Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I would like to get a barrel for my NEF (H&R) .410. I'm not really sure which one yet...maybe the .223 bull barrel? It would be just for fun, so I was wondering how accurate they are? I've read where some said they can't get good groups with theirs and others say theirs shoot under 1" easy. I think I have read where Marlin builds their barrels??? Anyone here with first hand experience? I think it would be a cheap way to mix it up. I'm thinking a .44 mag. barrel sounds good too. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got one in .243 caliber bull barrel that I use as a beat around hunting gun. It shoots decent groups with handloads. Maybe one inch @100 yrds. That 8 lb trigger pull is terrible. I rarely make a shot past 150 with mine in the field

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got one in .243 caliber bull barrel that I use as a beat around hunting gun. It shoots decent groups with handloads. Maybe one inch @100 yrds. That 8 lb trigger pull is terrible. I rarely make a shot past 150 with mine in the field
I didn't think about that. :(

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have 410,22hornet,223 & 45/70. The 22s & 45/70 are very accurate. I have a 4 power Scope Chief on the 22h & a 4-16 Center Point on the 223. The 45/70 I put a peep sight on would like to get a 30/30 also.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Those triggers can be reworked and the guns are fairly simple to work on. While I doubt you can get a super crisp 3 lbs trigger like you might find on a target bolt action trigger, they can be improved considerably! PM me for a lead on a good source of info on the NEF guns. Also while I am not positive about this, your 410 may be built on a SB1 frame and you might not be able to have a 223 barrel fitted to it as this might require a SB2 frame. There are only certian accessory barrels that can be fitted to SB1 Frames. The SB1 frames will be able to use 44 Mag, 357 Mag and 30-30 barrels for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.