Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used Alien Gear holsters with a P-Series ? I am a big fan of Alien Gear and have 3 holsters but not any for a P-series . I suspect it cant be any worse than a Glock 30 or 21 . Any help or information is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I have one for my SR45 (doubles for all my SR's) and one for my G20. they are good holsters and as comfortable as I have found for inside the pants carry. don't carry my P85 any more so none for a "P" gun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I carried my P95 in a FOXX hybrid IWB holster for a few years. I think it's only about $5 more than the alien gear ones and they actually use real leather and kydex which I don't think the alien gear holsters do. I wore mine every day and all day for a few years and the holster is still in very good shape. I would imagine it could easily handle at least another 2 years of use. If you do get a FOXX holster don't get the metal belt clips because they don't work good. Just get the other optional ones instead. The last holster I got from them had leather on the thin side and I like the leather to be thick so I just sent it back to them and they sent me another one with thick leather, no questions asked. If you like the thicker leather you might want to mention that ahead of time when you place the order.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I carried my P95 in a FOXX hybrid IWB holster for a few years. I think it's only about $5 more than the alien gear ones and they actually use real leather and kydex which I don't think the alien gear holsters do. I wore mine every day and all day for a few years and the holster is still in very good shape. I would imagine it could easily handle at least another 2 years of use. If you do get a FOXX holster don't get the metal belt clips because they don't work good. Just get the other optional ones instead. The last holster I got from them had leather on the thin side and I like the leather to be thick so I just sent it back to them and they sent me another one with thick leather, no questions asked. If you like the thicker leather you might want to mention that ahead of time when you place the order.
Ok great ! I have a P95 that I want to get the Alien Gear for but I was just wondering about the thickness of the gun being worn inside the waist. So was your P95 very troublesome or was it just about like any other fat pistol ?

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have carried a P95 and a full size 1911 in a N82 holster. When I got my holster all N82 had available is the original holster. Anyone who has carried a P series pistol knows they are tough to carry. Between the hammer and the decocker the P95 put a hurting on me until I got this holster. https://www.n82tactical.com/products/holsters/original-holster/

No I have not tried the Alien Gear holster. After the P95 I bought guns that were CCW friendly. I don't need a padded holster for any carry gun I have right now. If the Alien Gear holster protects you from the P series hammer you will probably like it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok great ! I have a P95 that I want to get the Alien Gear for but I was just wondering about the thickness of the gun being worn inside the waist. So was your P95 very troublesome or was it just about like any other fat pistol ?
I'm left handed so the slide lock lever was on the outside and the flat side of the P95 was against my body so it was just as easy to conceal as my Glock 19. If you are right handed that bulky side of the P95 will be up against your body instead of the flat side and that might cause the gun to stick out a little more, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those alien gear plastic shells are wide and not something you can make more contoured to your body curve like a traditional IWB hybrid holster if you use a blow dryer or heat gun. I guess that depends on your body, but I always choose the FOXX holsters because they are well made, inexpensive and they use real kydex that I can mold to fit around the curved side of my body. When a holster shell is too straight and can't be curved it tends to be not as comfortable and it wont conceal as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts