Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a little old school and like to CCW revolvers. Nothing against semi-autos as I have a boat load but there is just something about the simplicity of a revolver and when stoked with the proper round, should work just fine.

Anyone CCW the Alaskan? If so, who made your holster? I don't mind the weight of this heavy beast as I quite ofter CCW my 2.5" Colt Python & 2.5" Colt Lawman together. Why carry a reload when you can carry a spare gun?

I picked up some Hornidy Critical Defense in 44 special that should do the trick. Also ordered some exotic wood Hogue grips as I have found that rubber grips tend to grab and snag my shirts. The increased recoil felt through wood grips is not a problem as I shoot an 11 oz. Ti Scan S&W J frame stoked with full house .357 mags all the time.

MadDog :cool:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love the idea of CCWing a big revolver. But heck, I cant even carry my lil Glock 26 without printing. Aggravating.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,305 Posts
Before I retired, I conceal carryed an S&W 460V with a 5" barrel in a Ross Leather OWB holster and carried two speed loaders. I was working miles off road by myself in wilderness areas where meeting bears and other dangerous animals was possible.

I also conceal carried a Glock G20SF 10mm and two spare magazines in case I met marijuana farmers or unfriendly survivalists.

Now, I usually carry a 1911 and one or two spare magazines.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
I am a little old school and like to CCW revolvers. Nothing against semi-autos as I have a boat load but there is just something about the simplicity of a revolver and when stoked with the proper round, should work just fine.

Anyone CCW the Alaskan? If so, who made your holster? I don't mind the weight of this heavy beast as I quite ofter CCW my 2.5" Colt Python & 2.5" Colt Lawman together. Why carry a reload when you can carry a spare gun?

I picked up some Hornidy Critical Defense in 44 special that should do the trick. Also ordered some exotic wood Hogue grips as I have found that rubber grips tend to grab and snag my shirts. The increased recoil felt through wood grips is not a problem as I shoot an 11 oz. Ti Scan S&W J frame stoked with full house .357 mags all the time.

Nice pair of revolvers...love the grips;):).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I picked up a holster made by a fellow in MT. It fits high and tight and the intended use was to try and CCW an Alaskan. I certainly can't do it in the summer time but am going to try it this winter. trailmaster holsters @bresnan.net will get you a pdf catalog of his designs.

Of course it's an OWB as there is no way for me to carry one of these brutes IWB.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts

Nice picture. General Patton would approve!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
41RED

Is the holster in your picture a "trailmaster". I have holsters for all of my pistols and revolvers and all of them are OWB. I can't stand IWB carry and find with the right cover there isn't anything I can't conceal, well almost anything.

MadDog

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not a true Alaskan, but it's a 3" Redhawk that I have carried quite a bit in this J.W. O'Rourke Pancake Holster.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
41RED

Is the holster in your picture a "trailmaster". I have holsters for all of my pistols and revolvers and all of them are OWB. I can't stand IWB carry and find with the right cover there isn't anything I can't conceal, well almost anything.

MadDog
Right you are MadDog....there isn't a better made holster out there for the Alaskan than the ones by Trailmaster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts