Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help myself, I just love these things. I'm very seriously contemplating one of these Beretta CX4 Storms (I know it's not a true bullpup, just a carbine -I still want one [:p]).

Beretta CX4 Storm (9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP)
http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_rifles_main.htm

Walther G22 (.22LR)
http://www.waltheramerica.com/webap...ategory_rn=43326&top_category=43326&training=

FN F2000
http://www.fnherstal.com/html/Index.htm

FN P90 (I know where one of these is locally :D)
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF012&gid=FNG007

Kel-Tec RFB (Not available to the public :()

Steyr AUG
http://www.steyrarms.com/index.php?id=33

The only ones I could realistically own are the Beretta and the Walther. The Beretta would make an excellent home defense weapon, in any of the 3 calibers available. It's a shame the market hasn't embraced the bullpup design. It's a great idea, a full size rifle in a carbine size.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I know my mom told me if I couldn't say nothing good not to say nothing at all, but I can't help myself! I think bullpup rifles are the ugliest dang things ever invented in the firearm field! They make a Glock look plum sexy in comparison.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I don't think the Beretta CX4 Storm is a bullpup. From my understanding, isn't a bullpup where they put the action behind the trigger?

Some look good, some don't. I think only FN and Steyr got it right. I'll pass on the others.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
A friend LONG ago had a bullpup AR15 looking rifle. It shot .223 and used the same mags. The rifle grip and stock swilved so you can shoot it right or left handed. He said it was a 'Bushmaster' but Ive never seen a bushmaster like this. Anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

I don't think the Beretta CX4 Storm is a bullpup. From my understanding, isn't a bullpup where they put the action behind the trigger?

Some look good, some don't. I think only FN and Steyr got it right. I'll pass on the others.
That is correct, I said that in my first post. [:p]

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Ahh, sorry bout that. The text scrolled off the side of the monitor and I didn't see it. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
they aqre nice aqnd aI have shot the 5 thone from the top picture. And they are ok. For clearing buldings and things like that could and for anything any better. anything else not much good JMHO.

·
Registered
714 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

A friend LONG ago had a bullpup AR15 looking rifle. It shot .223 and used the same mags. The rifle grip and stock swilved so you can shoot it right or left handed. He said it was a 'Bushmaster' but Ive never seen a bushmaster like this. Anyone know what it is?
It was indeed a Bushmaster bullpup rifle. There was a nice write-up on it in Soldier of Fortune magazine back in the mid to late seventies if my memory serves me correctly.

The rig had this oddball pistol grip setup that rotatedaround the barrel to enable either lefties or righties to shoot it one handedly.

Id have to spend a day or two digging through my old SOF collection to find the exact issue.[8D]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You could always bullpup a Ruger Mini...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The Bushmaster. Probably best left discontinued.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
David,

The pics of the CX4 Storm are tempting. :D

I really wish Ruger had built a PC45 though. Man I would have bought one of those in a New York minute. [:p]

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have owned several of the ones pictured above. I own a couple of PS90's and a Berretta Strom Carbine in 40 cal currently. I have also owned an Ak and two of the Bush Master Bull pup's. The only bull pup I have ever liked and found comfortable was the PS90. The two AR Bull pup's and the AK were kind of difficult to shoot. The AK in Bull pup configuration sucked ! The mag got in the way and the action would beet the crap out of you when shooting for an extended period of time ! The AR's I had to have a custom cheek piece built for them because after a couple of clips they would start to rattle the teeth out of your head. I had one of the G22's until last week, I traded it for two 10/22's. The G22 is a Bit** to clean and there are no high cap mags available for it, plus it blows powder in your face every time you fire it. So, I traded for the better gun, a pare of 10/22's. Although I do own two of the P22's and love every shot I fire through them ! The CX4 Storm is an awesome piece of equipment ! I am currently thinking about buying another, but in 9mm. I didn't like the 40 at first do to the fact of it only holding 12 rounds, but then I found the MegCar 20 rounders for it and they fit and function as good as the factory ones. Now I love it !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts