Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the internet that Ruger had made a number of 10/22 replicas of a M1 carbine for a outside vendor and I wondered if anyone else had also purchased one? I never expected to see one and low and behold two were sitting on a locals dealer's shelf. I put one on layaway to wait for the old retirement check this week. The dealer said he sold all in just a few minutes and those were the last two he had in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday I rejoined the forum and learned about the new Ruger American pistols, and today I log in and learned about Ruger M-1 Carbine.
What will I find new tomorrow??

Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have seen the few photos from the catalog and am attracted but not sure why.
Would be interesting to see how these feel/handle during use.
rak

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I could see where the design would definitely catch on, I know I immensely enjoy shooting my M-1 Carbine in .30 caliber carbine. After all you wouldn't be out chasing the brass. I definitely like it myself.:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
real world price???

I saw on the internet that Ruger had made a number of 10/22 replicas of a M1 carbine for a outside vendor and I wondered if anyone else had also purchased one? I never expected to see one and low and behold two were sitting on a locals dealer's shelf. I put one on layaway to wait for the old retirement check this week. The dealer said he sold all in just a few minutes and those were the last two he had in stock.
what is an average price on one of these, I know the suggested retail is north of 400.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm real tempted, if I didn't just buy an older marlin 99m1 I already would have. the Ruger is a bit more realistic but it's also ~$150 more money than I spent on the Marlin.
My local enabler has one marked $339

·
Registered
88 Posts
The stock is just OK as far as looking like an M1 Carbine. Why on earth did they put a Picatinny rail on it? Looks like SHI_ to me. It would have to have a rear sight that looks at least something like the original rear sight to even come close.
You can buy replacement stocks that look better and you can also buy front and rear sights that look like the originals. The stock costs around $110 and the sights cost around $120 for both. So for around $230 you can make your current 10/22 look just like an M1 Carbine if you want and you can switch back to the stock stock if you want.

here is a link to one place...I have nothing to do with them I just found this with Google:
M1 Carbine Ruger 10/22 Tribute - An M1 Carbine Replica Stock for the Ruger 10/22 with Sling, Oiler, and Military Style Sights

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
You can make those yourself, your basically just paying Ruger to slap aftermarket parts on a stock 10/22.

There's a company that's been making M1 Carbine stocks for 10/22's for years, and it just has those Tech Sights. This is nothing Earth shaking but it's still cool.

NOW, make them like that in .22 WMR and I'd be buying one tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I got to handle one of these at Cabelas a few days ago. It's a really nice looking rifle and balances well. The one I saw had a perfect fit/finish. I think they will sell a lot of these.

Ruger should have sent an announcement. But I guess this one was quietly released.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rather than this fancy stock, why don't they spend a little time and money and improve the awful trigger that comes on the 10/22?

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I've seen kits for sale to convert your own.

·
Exalted One
1,722 Posts
I'm real tempted, if I didn't just buy an older marlin 99m1 I already would have. the Ruger is a bit more realistic but it's also ~$150 more money than I spent on the Marlin.
My local enabler has one marked $339
I love my 99M1, as well as my 10/22. Paid zero for my 99M1 in 1983 (given to me by my boss). Had some problems and I didn't shoot it much. Last year, joined a forum to learn about them and all of the standard fixes (new buffer, new follower, and new recoil spring) were applied for about $50. With CCI Minimags, it runs like a champ and is more my go-to carbine for impulsive plinking than the 10/22 or the USGI M1 Carbine.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like the sights and rail. I have a contest winner and have found the sights to be very serviceable. It is also a great platform for a low mount red dot sight, mine goes on and off with one screw and good return to zero. You will find sight adjustment on pages 38 to 40 of the mini 14 manual. Enjoy your rifle it will be a blast to shoot.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts