Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Ruger Redhawk is available in 45 Colt and 45 ACP. I want one. But would like to hear from people with experience from that particular model. I know older models in either caliber had its own reputation. Not interested in them being rehashed. Can anyone shed light on the reliability and function of this model redhawk? Does Cylinder hang up in 45 ACP? Or are there any other issues? Or is it all good?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
MUCH commentary elsewhere in this forum.
Kindle book on Amazon covering it in detail.

Search & find. :)
No need to re-hash it all in a new thread.
Denis

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As said, there are several threads on this forum about it. Just scan down.
But I have one and have had 0 problems with it. I have only shot a couple of cylinders of 45 acp. out of it though. That was just to make sure they functioned in my revolver after hearing a couple people that they would not.
I bought mine just to shoot 45 Colt out of it and it works great for that especially. I really have no interest in the 45 acp and will probably never shoot it out of it again. I reload for 45 Colt. I probably should have bought the 45 Colt model only but the LGS did not have that one they had the 45 Colt/ 45 acp. version so that is what I got.
One thing that I really like about it is the round butt. My other 2 Redhawks with the square but are very comfortable to shoot but the round but gives my smaller hands an even better feel.
Good Luck on you're search.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I get bullet pulling with .45 acp and is seems the last rnd from a clip has poor accuracy as compared to the other 5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did have problems closing my cylinder with 45ACP. 45LC worked perfect. Sent it back to Ruger. They returned it in less than 2 weeks in perfect working order. Very happy with the calibers, the Redhawk platform(especially the round butt) and the customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts