Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if anyone has ever had issues with their lasermax?
I have the centerfire on my LC9 and had an issue yesterday.
I fired a couple mags just fine, but then I took a shot and it looked like the laser went off. Upon further inspection the laser was still on, but it was very dim.
I checked the battery voltage, 2.91V of 3V.. doing fine.
Cleaned the contacts and re-assembled.
Started into the next mag and it was fine for the first three shots, but then went dim again.
After I got home, it magically remedied itself and hasnt dimmed since. Maybe it was the jarring affect of recoil or?!?!?
Contacted Lasermax, we'll see where it goes from here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have two lasermax guide rod lasers on Sig 9mms and never had a problem. I did buy the wrong one for my second sig (stainless model has a different diameter) and lasermax customer service swapped it out for me since it was non-returnable. Good company. --Jerry

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I fired a couple mags just fine, but then I took a shot and it looked like the laser went off. Upon further inspection the laser was still on, but it was very dim.
Started into the next mag and it was fine for the first three shots, but then went dim again.
After I got home, it magically remedied itself and hasnt dimmed since. Maybe it was the jarring affect of recoil or?!?!?
One of my Crimson Trace grip lasers developed identical symptoms. Turned out that the battery was getting ready to fail. LiIon batteries get weird right before they fail. Replacing the batteries cleared it right up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about replacing the battery, but the voltage was good (I definitely understand that a battery can read good but still be faulty). I emailed Lasermax and they said that they'd warranty it.
Im reluctant to keep a possibly faulty unit on a personal defense firearm.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Both CT and Lasermax are very conscientious about warranty service. Good luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both CT and Lasermax are very conscientious about warranty service. Good luck.
I would add laserlyte to the list too, had a great experience with them once

·
Registered
109 Posts
Laser Max

I have one on my lc9 and I had problem WITH the toggle switch to turn it on IT broke I only had it LIKE 8 months I called Laser Max customer service and they had a brand new complete laser out to me in 2 days ! I was impressed they did not charge me a thing all I had to do was send the defective laser back with shipping prepaid. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ! I have noticed that the laser runs through batteries pretty quick and I only use mine at range.

On another note I was cleaning my LC9 and dropped the spring mechanism that goes in the slide and could not find it think it rolled up under my work bench .. I called Ruger Customer service expecting to pay for replacement and they sent me brand new one free of charge !!!

Encouraging to see that there are still a few companies out there that value customer service !!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both the LC9 and the LCP with the lasermax and they have both done the same thing.

What has lasermax said about it?

·
Banned
411 Posts
I'd change the battery first of all.

If that solves the problem.......you learned a valuable lesson.

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Started having a similar problem. Dealer cleaned and replaced battery. Next trip to range same intermittent dimming and re-brightening. Like the pistol starting to wonder about the laser.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Started having a similar problem. Dealer cleaned and replaced battery. Next trip to range same intermittent dimming and re-brightening. Like the pistol starting to wonder about the laser.
Replace the battery!
After i replaced it, it worked like new

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my LC9 w/ Laser Max shortly after they came out. Started bright, then went dim. Complained to LM and they said they had "original" battery issues. Sent me a new battery (free) and worked fine ever since. I carry the Elsie every day and turn the laser on frequently to play with my dog. Finally went dead today. Will buy another DURACELL 1/3N to replace this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had the green laser go dim. I believe the illumination light also dimmed but less by comparison. The Shield system is a few years old , batteries register 3.06 V. Hate to buy a new one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts