Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got two that looks like it, but not sure if the stocks are French Walnut. Everything else is the same. heavy taper 20" barrel, rubber recoil pad. One has a blued barrel, the other is stainless. I thought Ruger called these Light Varmint/Target Models. Guns shoot good but the target triggers suck. Change those and you've got a nice shooting rifle. You do have to figure out what ammo they like, one shoots CCI Std Velocity real well, the other shoots Fiocchi HV. Neither rifle like Remington, Federal or Winchester ammo at all. They all function but the accuracy is terrible.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got two that looks like it, but not sure if the stocks are French Walnut. Everything else is the same. heavy taper 20" barrel, rubber recoil pad. One has a blued barrel, the other is stainless. I thought Ruger called these Light Varmint/Target Models. Guns shoot good but the target triggers suck. Change those and you've got a nice shooting rifle. You do have to figure out what ammo they like, one shoots CCI Std Velocity real well, the other shoots Fiocchi HV. Neither rifle like Remington, Federal or Winchester ammo at all. They all function but the accuracy is terrible.
I have an LVT in stainless but haven't shot it yet; not sure that Ruger even calls them the LVT anymore. Those are listed as the 1234, 1235, & 1237. The 11165 is a different model.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have a Lipsey's with a Mannlicher stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts