Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my LGS looking for a MPR. I really think I would like this AR. How does it shoot, is it accurate. Any quirks that I should know about.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really like mine. It's accurate and recoil is good. It has no sights so I have Magpul pop ups and a Sig red dot. It comes with the Ruger 452 trigger that is good.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I bought one about 3 years ago shortly after they came out. It is worth every penny I paid for it $559.99 at the time). I mounted a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x Gen III scope on it. Accuracy is all I would expect at about 2 MOA. I'm sure a better shooter could beat that. The 3½ lb trigger is pretty sweet and it came with all the Magpul furniture that I would have had to buy separately. 18" Barrel gives the .223/5.56 round another 100 fps or so compared to my M4 style ARs. Even tho I've had it a while, I've only put 380 rounds through it. It has been flawless with various brands and styles of ammo. I did replace the OEM BCG with a Premium PSA BCG after the first 100 rounds. I had no problems with it, I just don't like the exposed firing pin on the Ruger BCG.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like mine. It's accurate and recoil is good. It has no sights so I have Magpul pop ups and a Sig red dot. It comes with the Ruger 452 trigger that is good.
Thanks for the reply. I will be using the exact sight set-up. The price has gone up since you purchased yours Hopefully my LGS will be able to find one during these times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found out about the MPR, right after I ordered my AR-556. Mine has been been all I expected and more, but I do wish I had gotten the MPR instead.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked it up from FFl last night. Will put on some Magpul sights and clean it up this morning. The range work will be done on Saturday. Will get pics up soon.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I have Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40 on my MPR and by far is the most accurate of my 3 ARs and Mini 14.
I'm betting you will love it.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Keep us posted! Have fun!!!

Reactions: nmrugerdude

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Worked great but there was a problem. When I removed cotter key for firing pin yesterday I had a hell of a time putting it back in. I thought it was me. I stopped at LGS this morning to purchase a couple of spare cotter pins and sure enough after cleaning and putting it back together again today I had the same problem. Needless to say I used one I purchased today with no issues at all. Kind of weird. Also sighted in my Magpul sights. I do have a Sig Romeo I could use but I really don't like red dots.First 100 rds down the barrel and cleaned and ready for the next time. It really was a soft shooter and didn't bother my shoulder at all. Very happy I purchased this rifle!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The other problem is that the Magpul front sight is turned down all the way to hit target in center at 25 yards. I have heard that this rifle has this problem with Magpul sights. Monday I might just have to go to LGS and get a Sig Romeo 5 to cure this problem.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The other problem is that the Magpul front sight is turned down all the way to hit target in center at 25 yards. I have heard that this rifle has this problem with Magpul sights. Monday I might just have to go to LGS and get a Sig Romeo 5 to cure this problem.
Could be your hand guard isnt centered. Mine isn't.

Reactions: Dad1911

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I have a scope on mine with Magpuls as back up. They sighted in so I'm not concerned.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts