Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about a month we're taking a much anticipated vacation in MONTANA! But we actually have like a five hour layover in Denver, right around lunch time.

Can anyone tell me, is the airport anywhere near the city, near enough to take a cab, find a cool place for lunch and a beer, maybe see a sight or two??

·
Registered
110 Posts
The airport is Northeast of the city about 5 to 10 miles I believe. But with 5 hours you could easily get to the city from there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Here in DC, Dulles International would be probably an hour and a forty dollar cab one way. I was hoping that wasn't the case, it sounds like we can do some exploring while we're there. Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We are going to MT the last two weeks of June...then south thru Denver to see our son in Pueblo...maybe we will cross paths, EddieF...the traffic is nuts on I25 that goes north to WY and south to Colorado Springs...avoid lunch hour...avoid supper hour...bumper to bumper. When we go to Pueblo coming from South Dakota thru Nebraska, we use the toll turnpike just east of Denver near the airport exist, and we completely bypass Denver and end up in Colorado Springs. From the airport in the east, thru Denver to the south is about 30 miles. If it is bumper to bumper, I would forget it. Maybe someone on the forum lives in Denver. They could direct you where there is not so much traffic. There are other cities, suburbs of Denver that may be an better place to be when traffic is busy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts