Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '62 old model single six would like to use in practicing fast draw but the hammer spur is too narrow and is sharp edged. The palm of my left hand suffers greatly when cocking.

I have seen trigger shoes that give a wider surface area and some with serations that use a setscrew to mount them. Does anyone make a simular item that mounts on a hammer spur to give a wider area or possibly an upturn profile for easier cocking? I know some fast draw competitors use what's called a "spoon" style hammer?? It would be nice to be able to just put it on when practicing or remove it for plinking.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing. You can buy new hammers to fit your preference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hans13, thanks for the reply.

Well I sure am having a hard time coming up with any info on this. I've only found 1 picutre on the web that shows revolvers with a spoon hammer and a fanning hammer.

I guess I'll have to desing something and make myself to fit my need. I just figured with all the CAS folks on this forum that I would at least get some sites to go to for more info.

Thanks much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts