Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is plenty of talk about not seeing anything on shelves or seeing it for exorbitant prices. What has anyone scored recently?

This morning I was able to score 2x50rd boxes of Blazer Brass 124gr 9mm for $.26/round at Bi-mart. Cheapest I have paid or seen in some time cost per round.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This morning range visit today had Winchester white box value pack at $44.95 for 9mm for 100 rounds. Also had 38special and 357 magnum.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Nothing for me. Shelves are still mostly empty around here. I'm really only looking for 9mm though. I could have grabbed some 22lr at Walmart recently but I have plenty.

Reactions: flyboy61

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Several bricks of primers and several thousands bullets, various powders for every thing I shoot, nope, no shortage here.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Gonna check again this weekend at a couple spots. January was disaster for 9MMs. One store had 2 boxes at $50 apiece for 50 rounds. 22 magnum is kinda tough also. Did spot some 45 grain Hornady 45 grain for $19 per 50.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Anyone scoring ammo? Of course, every time I pull the lever on my Dillon. (y)
Yup. My one arm "bandit" keeps spitting em' out too. :D

Reactions: HawkyD and Sr40ken

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,421 Posts
Received two 50 round boxes of Underwood .44 special 245 grain JHP and two 20 round boxes of Weatherby 460 magnum recently.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not much ammo around here ... but I'm in pretty good shape for the calibers I shoot the most. I did get 200 rounds of new SIG .45 acp brass today. I have bullets, primers and powder but some of my brass was looking a bit worn, having been loaded a few times. That new brass sure is pretty!

·
Registered
162 Posts
No need for factory ammo as trying to get my reloading table set back up for a short time before I move south. 357/44/45lc/45-70😎🤪👍👍
Hope you have primers and kept your powder dry. Primers are harder to find than loaded ammo and the prices I've seen are through the roof ... 5 to 10 time of '19 prices. Powder getting hard to find too. I was able to get some new brass but nothing else to be found locally. I did get a couple of thousand Berry's bullets back in January ... can't find them now. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hope you have primers and kept your powder dry. Primers are harder to find than loaded ammo and the prices I've seen are through the roof ... 5 to 10 time of '19 prices. Powder getting hard to find too. I was able to get some new brass but nothing else to be found locally. I did get a couple of thousand Berry's bullets back in January ... can't find them now. Good luck!!
I'm able to get everything but at a hefty price now. I'm set for couple years except for 45-70 warm load powder which I use RL 7 for.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Went to Fleet Farm and they were just putting some out. 4 boxes of federal blue box 22lr for $3.70 a box, 3 100 round Federal 115 grain FMJ at $28, and 2 100 round Federal 223 for $52. More expensive for sure but not near as much as I've seen online.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got a box of 158 gr .357 JSP at $79.95. My range has 9MM at $22.95. Also have .40 and 44 mag. Didn't check the price.

I've been thinking - anyone else in the West Denver are want to trade info on where to get ammo?

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I'm good, but I think I'm going to seriously think about starting to reload.
Before you go out and buy reloading equipment check the prices of PRIMERS. For instance a brick of CCI 300 large pistol primers are going for over $300 on GunBroker. I complained when I had to pay $ 40.00. You can buy a Lee Reloading kit for what you would pay just for primers. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is what I have scored in the last 6 weeks or so. $12.99 for the 9mm 50ct aluminum and $49.99 for the Federal 800ct .22. No crazy prices paid here
Do you notice any difference with the aluminum casings? I would think they should feed and interact internally like brass casings being both softer metals, unlike the steel like the USA forged you have, I have seen info saying those wear internal stuff like ejectors a little more quickly. Can’t reload the aluminum, not that I have the ability currently but I keep spent brass as a just in case I do one day. I would be down paying $12.99 for 50 all day long, it’s what I paid for blazer brass this morning. They had the 800 ct Remington 22LR for $45, but it was a 2 box limit, or one bulk box. I shoot and have more 9mm firearms than other calibers so I look for that mostly.

1 - 20 of 333 Posts