Ruger Forum banner
281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Was in W-Mart the other day and the only ammo the only ammo they had was a couple of boxes of 7mm and Federal 22 lr bulk (325 rounds of 40 gr) for around $16 per plus tax.

Limit was three boxes per customer, so I snagged three boxes and left.

Only after I got home did I remember that I forgot to get the fuel line cleaner I had gone there to buy.🙄
So, how many times did you forget to get fuel line cleaner that day? ;)

Reactions: JTJ and trainking

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Do reloading components count? Got 1000 38special/357 magnum bullets fmj rnfp 125 grainers from Zero bullets.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cabela's in Lubbock, TX had a large cache of Blazer Brass 9MM 115 Gr FMJ (50 round boxes) on Sunday (6/13) for $18 and change a box - with a limit of 2 or 4 if you were a club member. I was not interested since I reload, but it was the first ammo I have seen on any store shelf for quite a while...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I haven’t looked for ammo for a couple months, I got stocked to where I wanted to be, I stopped by Sportmans warehouse for some fishing stuff and swung by the ammo to see anything was around, they had about 50 tubs of Remington .223 55 gr, I grabbed one but then looked at the price, its higher than online price gouging, $280 for 250rds, that’s $1.12/rd, I laughed and set it back down.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Seeing lot of ammo on the shelf but the prices are flat out ridiculous. Drive by the stores lately and seen very little traffic in so people finally stopped buying overly priced stuff. You know what this telling me is that things will hopefully start trickling back down to normal.

·
Super Moderator
4,491 Posts
As many have noted, availability is catching up. As for prices, LGS prices should be coming down soon. I see in the email blasts prices are coming down on the internet warehouses.

·
Registered
275 Posts
LGS in eastern NE just had 9mm and 556 show up within a week of last load. Even better, instead of disappearing in a few hours, there was a third of a pallet left of each after a day. Good news. 9mm was 50 cents a piece, but I always need something to complain about.

Now if some primers would just show up (LGS says supplier said not until fall).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Recently I was inventorying my ammo stash and realized I only had one 50 round box of .22WMR. I have two guns in that caliber so I wanted more, but none was to be found on the shelves anywhere. A buddy suggested I go to the manufacturers websites and see if they had some for sale. I did just that and ended up buying 500 rounds from CCI which was the maximum they would sell at one time. Took three weeks to get it in but it arrived Tuesday 6/15. They even sent a cute little CCI Sticker. I'm in good shape now!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just scored my 1st .22 lr ammo find in many months - a small 333 rnd bulk box of Win hollow points. It was sitting in a large cabinet with bare shelves. Only other ammo was 3 50-rnd boxes of .22 CCI Stingers. I left the Stingers. Since the beginning of the shortage/hoarding, I have always left some ammo when I found some (there was no box limit). Price was ~$19, or 5.7 cents per round.

The guy at the counter told me they recently got buckets (Remington Golden Bullet, 1400 rnds). So I felt good about my find, but did he have to tell me about missing out on the buckets !?

Happy Hunting (for ammo).
IMG_20210618_005004.jpg

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,096 Posts
Good selection of 9, 223, and more obscure-to-me rifle calibers at my favorite LGS today. I roll my own 223, but I checked. Had .38 special too, at a half-decent price but I reload that too. No Hornady Critical Defense +p, my carry load but I have enough for a while.

No primers. Big sign saying that and no idea when they'd be in. Powder selection was poor, but still better than a few months ago when it was almost gone. 22 LR was plentiful.

With purchases limited to two boxes per customer, that may help. Things are looking up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm seeing places promoting new "lower" prices ... 9mm at "only" $499.00 a thousand + taxes and shipping. No ... just no. Fall of '19 I bought two thousand rounds of Blazer Brass bulk pack for my carbine at $139.00 per K ... all in ... no taxes, free shipping ...(for over $200.00 order). I'll sell the gun before I pay today's prices ... it does look cool on the wall of my gun room tho ....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seeing lot of ammo on the shelf but the prices are flat out ridiculous. Drive by the stores lately and seen very little traffic in so people finally stopped buying overly priced stuff. You know what this telling me is that things will hopefully start trickling back down to normal.
I have seen a few 9mm online for under $30 a box. Feb 2020 was a 1000 for $179. I wonder if those days will return.

281 - 300 of 333 Posts