Ruger Forum banner
301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Found Blazer brass 9mm this week at Fleet Farm.
$18.95 for 50 or $32.95 for 100.
Limited to 100 a day, so I stopped in 3 days and got 300.
Not a bad price these days.
They did have plenty.
Plenty of .22 Mini Mags at my lgs. Pricy at $12.00 per 100. But at least available.

·
Registered
447 Posts
They did have plenty.
Plenty of .22 Mini Mags at my lgs. Pricy at $12.00 per 100. But at least available.
I like Fleet Farm,
but we don't have them down here.

Reactions: Maddmax

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
They did have plenty.
We have tons of different "Farm Supply Stores around here too (must be an Iowa/Midwest thing). Well worth checking out for ammo. Pricey, limited amounts too. 100 per caliber.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Three years ago (on 6/14/18) I got 9mm range ammo from walmart (no longer) for $9 for Rem, $10 for Federal and $11 for Win 50-round boxes. Just throwing that out there for comparison.

A month ago I saw most for sale at $30 for 50 and today many have dropped to around $25 but some are lower.
Today those below $20 are great prices!

At this point I wouldn't buy the big (500+ round) cases that many offer just because prices seem to be going down quickly. Hope it continues!

Since I can't get primers I'm buying factory ammo and saving the brass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If it hasn't been stated already, copper future price recently have returned to early 2021 levels, but the commodity is still more expensive than 2019. Unless there is a sudden increase in demand of copper this year and ammo demand keeps going down or stabilizing, 4 to 6 months from now prices will probably significantly go down on the ammo still with overinflated prices.

Unless the copper price craters, I probably expect some wholesale residual price increase to stay but nothing close to what we seen now. (example: .22 LR bulk might go from 0.05 to 0.07 or 0.08 a round)

·
Registered
46 Posts
At my local (NE Ohio) Point Blank the shelves were stocked. But with only 9mm and .40 S&W. Turkish ammo I have never heard of in my life at $36 and $38 per 50 respectively. It was there in good supply, but I'll pass. They had 5.56 as well $18 per 20 rounds.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Prices are dropping. Hold out for a while.
Right on. I was soooo tempted to buy a case of Magtech .45 ACP at $.60 per round, but I don't need it with any urgency, and I would be contributing to prices staying up.

On another note, I did jump on some Traditions .490 lead balls when Midway sent a product notification. I got 200 at $.15 each. With the Hornaday balls I already got before they became scarce, I am set for black powder projectiles.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Right on. I was soooo tempted to buy a case of Magtech .45 ACP at $.60 per round, but I don't need it with any urgency, and I would be contributing to prices staying up.

On another note, I did jump on some Traditions .490 lead balls when Midway sent a product notification. I got 200 at $.15 each. With the Hornaday balls I already got before they became scarce, I am set for black powder projectiles.
:) Figure if it ever comes down to that (black powder), I'm glad I still have some. It'll be a good smoke screen between reloading's. :)

Reactions: Redhawk100 and JTJ

·
Registered
578 Posts
:) Figure if it ever comes down to that (black powder), I'm glad I still have some. It'll be a good smoke screen between reloading's. :)
When I got into it, it was more for the purpose of simply learning a new skill set. I had no idea that it would become a genuinely necessary alternative. The smoke clouds and fireballs are certainly impressive, though. I've never had so many random people come over to check out what I'm shooting as when I shoot black powder. It draws more attention than my Redhawk does. A giant cloud seems to be more noticeable than a monstrous boom.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
When I got into it, it was more for the purpose of simply learning a new skill set. I had no idea that it would become a genuinely necessary alternative. The smoke clouds and fireballs are certainly impressive, though. I've never had so many random people come over to check out what I'm shooting as when I shoot black powder. It draws more attention than my Redhawk does. A giant cloud seems to be more noticeable than a monstrous boom.
I have a Knight and a TC Encore, both inlines with scopes. I got into it for the extra deer season available. Turns out I love shooting the BP guns. You are forced to go slow and make every shot count. I love "rolling coal" at the gun range.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a Knight and a TC Encore, both inlines with scopes. I got into it for the extra deer season available. Turns out I love shooting the BP guns. You are forced to go slow and make every shot count. I love "rolling coal" at the gun range.
I have a Remington 1858 and a Traditions Trapper flintlock pistol. I want to get a rifle, too, at some point. I do enjoy the deliberateness of the process and how much enjoyment goes into each hit on the target. Even loading requires proper technique, and the quality of the procedures you follow has an effect on how well you'll shoot.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I always head to sporting goods when I go to Walmart. Lots of shooters here and they watch it closely.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not seen mentioned yet: June 20th Arkansas Democrat Gazette, a few quotes from the article

"Sig Sauer is expanding the ammunition making capacity at its Jacksonville plant, investing millions of dollars and adding jobs as the nation's year-long ammo shortage drags on."

"The ammo maker is also gearing up to add a primer making facility at its plant to make its operation, which produces bullets, brass and finished ammo, even more self-contained."

"Hanna declined to give exact production figures at the plant but said the new machinery will double production of pistol caliber ammunition. "

"Hanna, with Sig Sauer, said design work on the primer facility is finished, with construction expected to begin soon and be complete by the end of 2021."

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
KYGUNCO, who was mildly gouging on price, now has a case of 9mm marked at $380/1000.

That my friends is a good sign. Still waiting on 30-06 though.

301 - 320 of 333 Posts