Ruger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Went to the LGS this weekend and the shelves were bare. Chatted with one of the guys at the counter and asked if they are getting any in.

LGS - what do you need?
Me - 9 or 45
LGS - we have that. We just don't put it on the shelf these days because it sells out too fast.

Blazer Brass, $25 for 9mm; $48 for 45acp.
I paid $9.99 for the same 9mm Blazer a year ago. Just couldn't do it at the current price.

Good tip though. It doesn't hurt to ask, even if the shelf's empty.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I scored today
1000 cci small pistol primers with a box of 500 gallant 200gr round nose flat point and the primers were only 23.99 a box and the bullets were $58 a bx at Sportsman Warehouse . I lucked out it was the last ones on the shelf

·
Registered
156 Posts
One of my local stores had a brick of Minimags for $98 and 50 round boxes for $9.98. I passed. The guy said they add a standard markup and that their distributor charges them the high prices.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
One of my local stores had a brick of Minimags for $98 and 50 round boxes for $9.98. I passed. The guy said they add a standard markup and that their distributor charges them the high prices.
My local sportman warehouse has had some CCI mini mag boxes for $8.99 for months now sitting on shelf but that’s for the 100rd boxes, not many bite and buy at almost $.09/rd for 22LR. Especially when you see 500rd boxes for $25 come up every couple weeks. I have never bought those smaller quantity boxes before so not sure what pricing on them would or should be without all the crazy prices. If I see 22LR above $.07/rd I hard pass. I only use 22LR for plinking, but if I was hunting small game I might look for a higher quality cartridge which would be more. Unless they were high quality hunting rounds for almost $.20 a round I would say they are feeding you a bunch of crap on how they price, in my opinion

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,203 Posts
Only thing still kinda rare around these parts, small pistol primers and .357.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
Well, I was just on the phone with a buddy who has been selling his reloads (not to me) for $0.60 a round delivered locally and he let me know he has made enough doing that during the shortage that he is buying a still this weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well, I was just on the phone with a buddy who has been selling his reloads (not to me) for $0.60 a round delivered locally and he let me know he has made enough doing that during the shortage that he is buying a still this weekend.
Curious what caliber reloads your buddy sells for $.60/round? If it’s 22LR he could probably retire haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was able to get a box of 9mm today for about 18 dollars at a local store. They had a one box per day limit. But I was way more excited than I should have been to find any ammo. It’s the little things these days! Maybe go back today to grab another box of any are left

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Got 100rds total of Remington Range 124gr 9mm for $30 at Bi-mart this am. They had a one box limit for 9mm and one box limit for 800rd 22LR, so got a box of each and the guy in front of me swapped and paid difference, he was looking for 22LR for his kids and I was looking for 9mm so it worked out for both of us. The box of Remington 22LR 800rd was $45.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yep, I almost always get scores because I figured out a formula that works. Im going to make a new thread on how I was able to get ammo consistently for a good price. Although I missed the 38/357 ammo by a day, I just got home and scored two 50-round boxes of Remington 9mm and one 50-round box of Federal 9mm for $18.87 per box. I got a 500 brick of Blazer 22LR for 36 bucks, and I got some federal American eagle 55 grain 5.56 for 15 bucks for a 20 box. I recently got Tula for 10.99 for a 20 box both online and in-store. And a month or so ago, I got three 100-round boxes of Winchester 115 grain 9mm ammo for 39.99 and Blazer 50-box for 18.99. It took a lot of time and effort, but I got down a plan that always has the ammo coming in without getting gouged

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
Was at the local LGS. Has boxes of American Eagle .357 mag for $40 a box, and has brass blazer 9mm for $35.

·
Registered
275 Posts
stopped into Academy Sports after work and saw a huge pile of 7.62x39 steel for $10 a box! i don't even own a rifle in that caliber but i might just have to get one now.

20210318_181649.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Sportsman Warehouse this am had the shelves completely stocked with every cartridge, bullets, powder, and primers they carry except large caliber primers, about 40 people in line when I showed up at opening time, after the rush the shelves still had every option available, great to see everyone able to get a little of what they wanted, now we just need to see it continuously on shelves so they back off on box limits. Then we hopefully see prices head down. Prices have gone up a few cents per round, but still way under online price gouging. I got 400rds of 115gr 9mm for $144 ($.36/rd).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Good for you! Here in southern Ohio and northern Ky there is nothing. I mean nothing.
Sorry to hear nothing avail, some areas probably see different inventories than others. I have a cousin in Texas and he has been consistently seeing what he needs at an Academy in his area. In Oregon we went through drier spells of ammo at times, spurts here and there but today was largest amount I have seen on shelves for several months. I really hope it all turns around for the best for us all soon!

81 - 100 of 152 Posts