Ruger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Grandpa use to say during a drought " we must not be paying the preacher enough" Maybe that is what is going now with ammo in these parts.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Seems like things are getting a bit better at the moment. I walked into a Cabela's on Monday after 11am and they still had 9mm on their ammo cart. Grabbed two 100 round boxes for $30 each. Meanwhile, Ammoseek shows 9mm has dropped a bit in the last few days, with some down to the 55c/round range, which is about 10c/round less than last week. Hope that trend continues.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
My LGS has blazer brass 9mm and American eagle .357 mag on the shelf, $40 a box for the .357, a bit less for the 9mm. He also has cci small rifle primers on the shelf but wants $100 a brick.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was on vacation last week so I had plenty of time to ammo hunt, also had a few friends help me out. Shot a box of it last Sunday and it ran perfect
22 ammo.jpg
in my M&P 15-22 pistol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure the recent active-shooter events and the response from (clears throat) certain people in high places haven't helped any. As of last week, I had started seeing ammo in stock at somewhat reasonable prices. Also, some of the price gougers were coming down on prices and bidding against each other. I believe the rest of this week will tell the tale. Then, we just have to be mindful of any new events that might strategically take place.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
I'm sure the recent active-shooter events and the response from (clears throat) certain people in high places haven't helped any. As of last week, I had started seeing ammo in stock at somewhat reasonable prices. Also, some of the price gougers were coming down on prices and bidding against each other. I believe the rest of this week will tell the tale. Then, we just have to be mindful of any new events that might strategically take place.
Yes, as more comes out, I think we will see what the real fallout is. But as details come out as to who the person was and what caused him to do this, the story will start disappearing soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
I like to tour the gun shops on my lunch break. Today, I went to Hastings and the LGS there has Winchester and Federal 9mm 115 gr fmj’s in stock (big stacks) at $0.50 per round. Talking to another customer and he was saying he was over at the cabelas in Dundee and they had pallets of 5.56 ammo on the floor. Things are looking up, and the more people see ammo available, the less they will panic. Supply is coming back and prices continue to fall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Talking to another customer and he was saying he was over at the cabelas in Dundee and they had pallets of 5.56 ammo on the floor.
I was there at Dundee Cabelas 1PM to 2PM yesterday. Either the 5.56 was sold out or the pallets were put out after 2PM. Did he
mean Thursday - yesterday March 25th? Shelves were not bare but mostly shotgun ammo and a bit of rifle. No handgun ammo.

Store was not crowded.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
I was there at Dundee Cabelas 1PM to 2PM yesterday. Either the 5.56 was sold out or the pallets were put out after 2PM. Did he
mean Thursday - yesterday March 25th? Shelves were not bare but mostly shotgun ammo and a bit of rifle. No handgun ammo.

Store was not crowded.
I don’t know exactly when he was there. I wasn’t overly interested in going, it was just good to hear that ammo is making it out there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Sportmans Warehouse had another descent shipment this am, shelves filled. Several bulk (500 and 1000 rd) 5.56 boxes avail.
I got some more 9mm Blazer Brass 124 gr for $.36/rd, got 100rds.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Found some 9mm at a rural feed and lumber store a couple of miles from me $24.99. Best price I have seen in a long time. Limit 2 boxes, which is fine with me as I am nowhere near running out but never know what the next SHTF situation will bring. Plus it gives someone else a chance to get some....always nice to have others at the range.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got skunked at Basspro for the third week in a row. Actually, I could have bought Federal 223 for $18/20 and CCI 45 ACP aluminum for $40/50. I passed on both.

Nothing has changed much around me.....

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
In Southern New Jersey on Wednesday 9mms Federal bulk 100 rounds fm j was $39.99 less 10% range discount one box range use only. Home defense 9 mms $39.99 for 50 rounds.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
No luck this week on my rounds in a bigger town to the north of me. 0/6 if you count the two places that weren't even open. The last place has a decent amount of ammo but not at a decent price. Plus they told me they won't sell 9mm anymore unless you are buying a gun. Even then they want 85c/round for it. No thanks!

101 - 120 of 152 Posts