Ruger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I lucked out and got 4 boxes of Federal American Eagle 115 gr fmj from Federal's website. 2 separate orders because the limit is 2 per order. $22.99 per box, but with shipping still comes out to around 62¢ per round. Better than the 80¢ to $1.00 I'm seeing on other websites. Snagged 3 boxes of Sig Sauer V-Crown Elite 147 gr Hollow Points from Selway Armory last week for $38 a box of 50. Still cheaper than some fmj.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
I like to tour the gun shops on my lunch break. Today, I went to Hastings and the LGS there has Winchester and Federal 9mm 115 gr fmj’s in stock (big stacks) at $0.50 per round. Talking to another customer and he was saying he was over at the cabelas in Dundee and they had pallets of 5.56 ammo on the floor. Things are looking up, and the more people see ammo available, the less they will panic. Supply is coming back and prices continue to fall.
If this is any indication, in my neck of the woods, things are stabilizing. I was back in Hastings today and they still had the same 9mm in stock a week later.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
No April fools. Went to range today and bought 1 box 325 rounds of Federal 22lr for $23.95, one Federal 9mm 50 rounds for $19.99. All handgun ammo is limit of one box for range use. Range charges same prices as always only limited sales if they have what you want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Another shelf filled week at my local Sportmans Warehouse. I have seen prices going up a few cents per round every week, at least comparing same stores prices. I got 100 Winchester 9mm 124gr for $39.88. They had 115gr Blazer brass 50rds for $18.04 but opted for the higher grain, my 9mms like the 124gr better so gotta give them what they like :)
I showed up right at opening, there was a good 100 people in line waiting for door to open. Even after the rush you could get what you wanted for the most part, at least in small amounts (2 small box limit.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walked into my favorite lgs and right inside the door two big pallets of 9 mm and 5.56. Both in steel case. Barnaul both. 14.99 limit 2 for the 9mm and 8.99 limit 5 for the 5.56. Tons of 12 gauge, 20 gauge and 350 legend. No 40 s&w still. I'd like to know where all the smart**ses are getting their 40. "Buy a 40 there's always 40 laying around after every thing else is gone". My butt. 125 mile radius around my part of Ohio and can't find any 40 but you've got a good chance at picking up a box of 9 mm. Maybe we're just that far behind the times and nobody's got the memo yet that 40 is dead.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really haven't been buying much ammo ,,, I'm pretty well stocked on the handgun calibers I shoot the most, And I have a nice back stock of match grade .22 pistol ammo. But yesterday I was able to get 1600 rounds of Federal HV .22 rounds. My HK MP5 A5 .22 rifle calls for high velocity ammo so I held my nose and paid the 2021 prices. I really like to shoot the HK so I gotta feed it. I need a range day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wally World had .350 Legend, .270 Rem, .308 NATO, 3 different loadings of 12 ga, and some 20 ga. Nothing I needed, but it's the first I've seen there in a while.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I scored some of the new Federal Punch 22 while it was briefly available on their website today.

Should make a decent carry round for the LCP 22 if I ever pressed it into service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Should make a decent carry round for the LCP 22 if I ever pressed it into service.
Wondering why you would ever even consider this for a carry gun when it is not designed to extract an unfired round by racking the slide, instead dropping the mag then racking the slide.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Academy Sports in and around San Antonio Texas have a bunch of Federal 5.7x28 in stock. grabbed a couple boxes today. gonna stop by tomorrow for more.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
That's not what this thread is about. Keep your griping to the thread you started and don't derail this one.

Wondering why you would ever even consider this for a carry gun when it is not designed to extract an unfired round by racking the slide, instead dropping the mag then racking the slide.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Our local Rural King had Ammoland 223 fmg $46.29 for 20 rounds today. They still had plenty.
WOW that’s the highest I have heard cost per round, gunbroker is more than half that price right now. $2.31/rd is getting to like a factory load 338 Lapua cost, well maybe not that much but getting up there, I have a feeling they will have plenty in stock at that price currently.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW that’s the highest I have heard cost per round, gunbroker is more than half that price right now. $2.31/rd is getting to like a factory load 338 Lapua cost, well maybe not that much but getting up there, I have a feeling they will have plenty in stock at that price currently.
I don't know if our RK is different, yesterday they had win 556 green tip 200 rds $119. Not bad price, but I saw on another forum that an RK in Indiana had the same thing for $99.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I don't know if our RK is different, yesterday they had win 556 green tip 200 rds $119. Not bad price, but I saw on another forum that an RK in Indiana had the same thing for $99.
I am unfamiliar with Ammoland ammo you referenced, never have seen or bought it before. I have seen a website called Ammoland, but not a ammo brand? But if it’s just standard FMJ and not match grade $46.29 for 20 rounds seems super high even in today’s ammo prices. $119 for 200/rds seems fairly close to what I have seen in stores lately as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Our walmart has been getting ammo. It gets wiped out fast too. My son said the other day. They were well stocked in shot gun ammo. He grabbed a 100 count box of 20 and 12 GA. I told him during the last shortage. Never be greedy when you find ammo. But any ways. It got wiped out fast. Last night when i took a peek at the ammo shelf's. They posted a sign 3 boxes only per customer.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts