Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone shooting PMC Bronze 90 grain 380 ammo, which pistol and how do you like it ? The most recent PMC post I could find was two years old. Sometimes It's available in cases but I'd rather not buy a case to find out. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is anyone shooting PMC Bronze 90 grain 380 ammo, which pistol and how do you like it ? The most recent PMC post I could find was two years old. Sometimes It's available in cases but I'd rather not buy a case to find out. Thanks !
PMC ammo is generally quite good, and the .380 ammo is no exception. My pair of S&W Bodyguards are not a great test, as they will feed and fire 100% with just about anything I load myself, or have purchased to try. My TCP 380, not so much, but the PMC I did run through it worked fine.

But it would be sensible to try a box first.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I have bought PMC Bronze a few times in .380, 9x19 or .45 ACP. It works fine in anything I have tried it in.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I agree with the other posts. You should not worry about buying in bulk. I’ve shot them in the past but not since I started reloading.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I like using the PMC .380 rounds in my LCP pistols.

It may have changed but 5-10 years ago...PMC fmj .380 loads were about 10-15% lighter in ft lbs than other brands. Light enough that it made the recoil in a light pistol a little easier during practice but not significantly different than the SD rounds I use.

Never had any issues with the ammo.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I shoot it in 9mm. Good stuff, reliable. Not super hot, so good comfortable range ammo.

·
Registered
822 Posts
S&W Bodyguard 380 loves them. clean brass, good shooting, quality ammo imo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Works fine in my Kahr CW380

·
Registered
73 Posts
The PMC .380 ACP ammo functioned 100% in my Kel-Tec P-3AT, Ruger LCP, and S&W "EZ" .380 pistols. I'd buy a bunch of it and be happy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I shot one box through my LC380. Nothing special, just like 99% of All the other round nose FMJ .
Exactly my sentiments. Functions fine, as it should. Not my favorite ammo, but it functions.

the only stuff I did NOT like was the Brass MAXX ammo- I think it's made by Tula but it was throwing shards of shrapnel in my face (glad I wear Eye Pro)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts