Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone watched the show Family Guns on National Geographic? It's not really another Sons of Guns or American Guns, it's more like another Pawn Stars actually.

I've been to their website a few time while looking around at WWII firearms. They have their corporate HQ in NJ, but their retail showroom is located here in the Lehigh Valley (Easton, PA). I just happened to catch the show while channel surfing tonight and was watching a few minutes and they went to the range and that's when I realized they were at the The Heritage Guild, one of the ranges I shoot at - and purchased my Ruger SR9c from. They were firing a full automatic Tommy Gun. Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that's against range rules considering they don't even allow fast fire with handguns and semi-automatics. ;)

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
There's a thread over on the sigforum right now about that show. Haven't seen it yet but it is getting hammered over there.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There's a thread over on the sigforum right now about that show. Haven't seen it yet but it is getting hammered over there.
I too have missed it, but the CB forum is also kicking it around, i may have to check it out to see what the big deal is!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
It has a lot of History on military guns and a father that wants to hoard old historic guns...LOL

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Watched it once. That's my first and last time! Just B.S. as far as I'm concerned, made for TV to compete with the other guys. Sons of Guns has gotten like American Choppers and lost touch with reality. American Guns has resorted to T&A (not that I'm complaining) to keep your attention and has infighting like the other two? They charge $3000 for even the slightest thing, and have to setup an elaborate "blowup" for each real or fake customer and a "bet" to keep you through the commercials. Talk Krugerand's like they were nickels.... more B.S.?
Would be nice to see a "real" gunsmithing operation at work for "real" weapons that might help the shooter that likes to dig in a little.
Mission Impossible (and I don't mean Tom Cruise)!
Tony

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I don't like Sons of Guns at all. American Guns is pretty good. I've been looking for another good gun show. I'll check this out, thanks for letting us know about it. :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Another gun show besides red jacket?
I don't watch much TV during the summer...tried to watch a football game last night and got side tracked...
Probably one of those reality TV shows with lots of drama and very little useful information...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Watched it once. That's my first and last time! Just B.S. as far as I'm concerned, made for TV to compete with the other guys. Sons of Guns has gotten like American Choppers and lost touch with reality. American Guns has resorted to T&A (not that I'm complaining) to keep your attention and has infighting like the other two? They charge $3000 for even the slightest thing, and have to setup an elaborate "blowup" for each real or fake customer and a "bet" to keep you through the commercials. Talk Krugerand's like they were nickels.... more B.S.?
Would be nice to see a "real" gunsmithing operation at work for "real" weapons that might help the shooter that likes to dig in a little.
Mission Impossible (and I don't mean Tom Cruise)!
Tony
I agree with you on Sons of Guns, I can't stand those people. American guns is very entertaining, I love the gunsmiths, they really make the show enjoyable. Oh, and the guns too of course! :) Just about anything on TV is 'fake' but they're entertaining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts