Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to work at a quarry that was used to test artilery back before the start of the war. Anyway due to having this knowledge, the management installed huge electromagnets on the conveyor belts to pick off the projectiles as they came up into the processing departments. I have one of these that is 3 3/4" long and 1 1/2" in diameter. It has a brass driving band and a cap on the rear that will only allow it to be screwed in and not out. It weighs a pound and has the letters "P E & M CC" stamped on the driving band. Any ideas about what I have?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Can you post a picture?

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
401 Posts
contact local Army base (EOD) they should be able to identify or State/City bomb squad.

As Python says you don't want something that goes BOOM sitting around the house.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted the Aberdeen museum curator and emailed him some pics. He is getting back to me about it's history. He said that it is definately a live projectile but the type is unknown without knowing what color it was painted.

·
Banned
186 Posts
I would get rid of it asap before you live up to your name (Flash).
Just my .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I really think you should listen to Deadeye. There isn't much good that could come by keeping that thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts