Ruger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
One more thing, Maxx. Despite not having your CPL yet, you are in the system. Should you get pulled over, notify the officer. Otherwise, things can get uncomfortable. Ask me how I know.
28.425f Concealed pistol license; possession; disclosure to peace officer; violation; fine; notice to department; suspension or revocation by county clerk; entry into law enforcement information network; seizure by peace officer; forfeiture; “peace officer” defined.Sec. 5f. (1) An individual who is licensed to carry a concealed pistol shall have his or her license to carry that pistol and his or her state-issued driver license or personal identification card in his or her possession at all times he or she is carrying a concealed pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology.(2) An individual who is licensed to carry a concealed pistol and who is carrying a concealed pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology shall show both of the following to a peace officer upon request by that peace officer:(a) His or her license to carry a concealed pistol.(b) His or her state-issued driver license or personal identification card.(3) An individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol and who is carrying a concealed pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology and who is stopped by a peace officer shall immediately disclose to the peace officer that he or she is carrying a pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology concealed upon his or her person or in his or her vehicle.

You are only required to notify IF you are carrying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Massachusetts. It took less time to get my New Hampshire non resident permit than it took to get my Mass resident permit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When Michigan became a shall issue state not to long ago, I swore they changed the law so that you can do the paperwork in any county in Michigan. Or does living in the crappy areas like Detroit and wayne county FORCE you to go to those police departments to beg for a permit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
45 days would be great. In NV they have up to 120 days. I live in a rural county, so they are quick but Clark County (Las Vegas) drags it out to at least the full 120 days.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts