Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a picatinny rail/sling attachment that fits the bayonet lug of the AR 556? Looking for something sim. to the ProMag AR-15/M16 Bayonet Lug Accessory Rail, but so far not finding one that fits the Ruger AR 556.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, a couple good recommendations. Mainly want a front sling attachment closer to the 9 0'clock position. The mount posted by 2ndGen would be perfect if the AR 556 had an actual A2 front sight vs "A2 style" front sight. Photo attached. The search continues, at least for awhile before I break down and start swapping out sights/handguards. I really appreciate the input and will update the post if and when I find something that works.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a weapon light, but there's no room on the top rail

I would like to hang the light (which has a nice little rail mount) from the bayonet lug. I could, of course, change the hand guards to ones with multiple rails, but the bayonet lug mount seems simpler. I wonder if this:

Command Arms Picatinny Rail Bayonet Lug Mount for Uzi/Mini Uzi - $39.99

which is made for the Uzi, would fit the AR556? Ideas?

Thanks ahead of time!

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
AR-556 bayonet lug adapter

How about an AR-556 bayonet lug adapter so that people can mount a Picatinny rail and have a laser/light for that spot, instead of a useless piece of metal hanging on the rifle?

AR-556 bayonet lug adapter! - ARE YOU LISTENING RUGER????

Yeah, didn't think so.

·
Major
1,624 Posts
How about an AR-556 bayonet lug adapter so that people can mount a Picatinny rail and have a laser/light for that spot, instead of a useless piece of metal hanging on the rifle?

Yeah, didn't think so.
Ruger has no interest or connection with this forum.

·
Banned
388 Posts

Yeah, didn't think so.
There is also a very small market for an item like that. Spending the money on R&D would be a total waste of time and money.

There is a reason there are a TON of handguard options that have mounting surfaces on all four sides. Because that is where people mount flash lights and lasers, NOT the bayonet lug.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I personally wouldn't mount anything other than a QD sling swivel mount on the bayonet lug. A carbine length promag quad rail from Academy is cheaper than the bayonet lug picatinny rail attachment posted above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts