Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best deals going right now on the AR-556?

I was looking thru Gun Broker, and they are in the $560-$570 range + shipping and fees.

My local guy told me $650 he could do it for me.

Are there any other deals out there? I keep reading about the $600 deal, but I really haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
880 Posts
Keep checking local gun shops. I found one LGS having a sale on them for $560 and sold out immediately. KY Gun Co had them on sale for about $585 and Red Stagg gun co. has one for about $620.00. Those are advertised and always subject to change.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
What are the best deals going right now on the AR-556?

I was looking thru Gun Broker, and they are in the $560-$570 range + shipping and fees.

My local guy told me $650 he could do it for me.

Are there any other deals out there? I keep reading about the $600 deal, but I really haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Steve
If you look at slickguns.com, there are usually several online vendors selling them for $599. A few have them for even less. I was going to order one, but I found a store near me that agreed to sell me one for $599.

It's a nice AR, and a really good value at that price.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
I'm currently watching Guns & Gear and the AR-556 is the first featured product. The Ruger rep confirmed that it sells for under $600.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was 615.00 shipped plus 20 FFA fee. Just remember, waiting to save 20 -50 bucks means less time you get shooting this beauty ;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in no hurry, so if there are deals coming on them I'll be ready. Who knows what the holidays will bring for specials on it, have to wait and see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My LGS is doing their Ruger Days sale today. They have it for $579 with the choice of a hat or t-shirt. I'm about to head out and get one!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cheapest I have seen it was $544.99 from an LGS 45 minutes from me called Whittaker's Guns. Regular price from them is $569.99 but they had a Ruger Days sale with a Ruger rep on site giving $25 off anything Ruger.

I ended up getting mine from a closer LGS to me for $565.99 plus tax. Ended up being $605.61 out the door.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll have to watch for Ruger day sales locally...........that would be the time to do it.

$650 seems to bet the average price locally............I'd like to get it closer to $600 or less if possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid $599 and after spending some time with the rifle and handling other guns on the market I would've paid much more. There is no way in hell that this can't be the absolute best rifle for the money on the shelves at this time. The quality, and fit and finish is on par with a lot of higher priced Ar-15s.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I paid $599 and after spending some time with the rifle and handling other guns on the market I would've paid much more. There is no way in hell that this can't be the absolute best rifle for the money on the shelves at this time. The quality, and fit and finish is on par with a lot of higher priced Ar-15s.
Don't let the M&P Sport guys hear you say that. They'll want your head on a platter... Lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't let the M&P Sport guys hear you say that. They'll want your head on a platter... Lol
Nah, the M&P 15 Sport guys realize that it is not true... of either budget rifle. :D

I have my Sport, a CMMG, and a BCM rifle. All three different price points, with the most expensive being the best materials, and fit. Finish? These are anodized aluminum, not blued with walnut stock. Finish is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nah, the M&P 15 Sport guys realize that it is not true... of either budget rifle. :D

I have my Sport, a CMMG, and a BCM rifle. All three different price points, with the most expensive being the best materials, and fit. Finish? These are anodized aluminum, not blued with walnut stock. Finish is pretty much the same.
Off topic, how do you like your CMMG? My next build is either gonna be a CMMG or a RRA. Still undecided... But mainly undecided because I have yet to decide on 300 blackout or 9mm build lol.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Off topic, how do you like your CMMG? My next build is either gonna be a CMMG or a RRA. Still undecided... But mainly undecided because I have yet to decide on 300 blackout or 9mm build lol.
The CMMG was the one that I got an out of spec lower on... And their customer service was not as good as others. They still took care of me, but it took a few emails and a few phone calls.

However, I love the rifle... it is my dedicated .22lr AR and it does see a lot of use. :D

I've been thinking about the 300 blackout too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts