Ruger Forum banner

AR-556.......best deal?

12K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  G Money 
#1 ·
What are the best deals going right now on the AR-556?

I was looking thru Gun Broker, and they are in the $560-$570 range + shipping and fees.

My local guy told me $650 he could do it for me.

Are there any other deals out there? I keep reading about the $600 deal, but I really haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Steve

#3 ·
If you look at slickguns.com, there are usually several online vendors selling them for $599. A few have them for even less. I was going to order one, but I found a store near me that agreed to sell me one for $599.

It's a nice AR, and a really good value at that price.

#4 ·
I'm currently watching Guns & Gear and the AR-556 is the first featured product. The Ruger rep confirmed that it sells for under $600.

#14 ·
Cheapest I have seen it was $544.99 from an LGS 45 minutes from me called Whittaker's Guns. Regular price from them is $569.99 but they had a Ruger Days sale with a Ruger rep on site giving $25 off anything Ruger.

I ended up getting mine from a closer LGS to me for $565.99 plus tax. Ended up being $605.61 out the door.

#16 ·
I paid $599 and after spending some time with the rifle and handling other guns on the market I would've paid much more. There is no way in hell that this can't be the absolute best rifle for the money on the shelves at this time. The quality, and fit and finish is on par with a lot of higher priced Ar-15s.

#21 ·
I was at an Atwoods in Bartlesville, Oklahoma and they had the AR556 for 629.00, on sale from their regular price of 679.00.

#29 ·
Stopped into Cabelas today on my way home from work, they had the AR556 in stock and on sale for $699. So I was able to check it out and see it first hand........very nice gun. I do have a 5% off coupon for the holiday weekend, but that would just cover the tax.

I'll wait for a better deal.........they are sure to pop up.

Steve

#35 ·
You have to consider the LGS. In this area the LGS I don't mean one I mean all of them within 30 miles of my house can't buy a gun for full MSRP. You can bet there will be no Ruger days in this area. None of the LGS in this area do enough volume to get a company rep in the store. The only people who buy at the LGS in this area are the computer illiterate and impulse buyers. Everyone else just looks at the guns and goes home to order online.
Even if you have competitive LGS in your area how many trips and phone calls are you going to make to save $40 at the max?
I am not even looking for AR556 and I could have got one for under $600 including FFL on labor day weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.