Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Paw Paw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, My rifle came in yesterday. After reading several post I was growing concerned about possible quality issues. I was able to take my sweet time and totally break it down in the store.
Happy to report that this one is in Great shape. The Gap between upper & lower is Very small.
The sliding Magpul stock is really snug. Both takedown pins are tight. Zero Slop. The Elite trigger feels good. Clean break at 4 #. I am happy with it at this point, I ordered a Romeo 5, due in next week, and added a small pic rail for a bipod. The entire gun had a wet coat of light oil, everywhere.
This was shipped from Davidsons to my dealer using the Gun Genie. Shipping was quick. perhaps a sign things are slowly returning to normal.
Have a good Memorial day weekend
Dave

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Dave. Glad to hear you got a good one, which is typically the norm. Every once in a while though, a Friday gun makes it out to someone. Ruger has some of the best customer service practices in the industry, so should someone find themselves with a lemon, Ruger will make it right.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Paw Paw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it out yesterday, Only took 40 rounds of 5.56. Did not have any problems what so ever. I used a Bushnell TRS 25 with a 3 x magnifier. I'm not crazy about the Ruger muzzle brake. Unfortunately its too tight for me to remove at this time. I need to find more 5.56 ammo, and see about Remington .223 ammo as well. Over all I am pleased, It is alot of fun to shoot. I dont feel the need to add anything other than the Romeo 5 when it arrives.

Dave

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can use a magpul bevblock or reaction rod to remove the brake. It mitigates potential upper receiver damage by securing the barrel via its extension.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave, Congrats! It has sure been fun since mine arrived in February. After installing iron sights, I quickly followed up with a Sig Romeo RD. Both types of sight were a breeze to sight in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts