Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Surprisingly interesting. Long barrel, upgraded trigger, 5R rifling... street price will likely be attractive. Ruger should sell a few of these.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Surprisingly interesting. Long barrel, upgraded trigger, 5R rifling... street price will likely be attractive. Ruger should sell a few of these.
I just looked at one of our vendors, our cost on them are $58 more than the original AR556. So for all the extras you are getting, it is a GREAT price!

·
Registered
159 Posts
The AR556's are as low as $450 with sights. I mean i like it but you still have to buy things for it right out of the the box. I am very happy with my upgraded AR556.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The AR556's are as low as $450 with sights. I mean i like it but you still have to buy things for it right out of the the box. I am very happy with my upgraded AR556.
True, no sights... but free float hand guard, Magpul furniture, upgraded trigger...

We might see this one come down in price some over time as well.

·
Banned
388 Posts
The reason they are $450 is because most vendors are giving away a free AR556 for every 4 you buy. Then LGS are selling that free one and discounting all of the rest for the difference. At $450 there is no profit, if it was not for the free AR556 they would be $550+.

As far as needing to buy extras, you are getting the Ruger Elite trigger $160 value, 18" barrel $120+, upgraded brake $50+, 15" rail $150+...you are getting over $500 in upgrades for only $50-150 more over the regular AR556, So the MPR is a WAY better deal! The price for the MPR will be around $600-$650, and they are offering the same deal as the regular AR556, buy 4 get 1 free. So if a LGS subtracts the free AR556 from the price they might be even lower!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Really wish I had waited until now to buy an AR, bought my AR556 on sale for $650 last year. Seemed like a good deal at the time. But then again if I could see the future I'd be a wealthy man!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone know if the BCG has been upgraded ??

G.
Here's a description on the bolt and carrier group:

Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.

Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.

What type of "upgrades" were you wanting?

·
Banned
388 Posts

Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.

Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.

I agree, the original one worked fine. So why would they upgrade?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The selling points for me are the trigger, the rifle-length gas system, the handguard, and the 18" nitrided barrel with 5R rifling. I think this version blows the original AR-556 away.

·
Registered
527 Posts

I think he was hoping for a shrouded vs unshrouded firing pin .

1 - 20 of 109 Posts