Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some of my best targets with my new AR. I only have a 3-9x40 scope on her. Think she would do 1/2 inch all day long with a target scope. They are all 5 shot groups with the exception of the 3rd one down, which is a 3 shot group. No matter the bullet weight or the powder used, this gun will hit what you aim at!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That will work!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I think ya will get much better gruopds after have shot it a while getting more use the weapon. But first time out at the range yea those are some nice groups for sure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good shootin Tim. What distance? I'm thinkin about a higher power scope for mine, I've got a 3-9x40 as well. With the right ammo and scope, I'd bet you could shoot flies @ 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice shotin' there Tim! I haven't had much of a chance to try my AR
out yet. Only bout 50 rounds sighting in & playing. I did blow a turtle away in the pond on the 4th of July. I'm planing on hitting the range in the morning, if it isn't raining. I haven't bought a scope yet, but I do have a few in mind. Right now it has a ACOG on it that I borrowed from one of my buddies. It's nice, but a little out of my price range! I'll try to remember to get some pictures tomorrow. (if I can hit anything, that is.):D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts