Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just combine them. :cool:

Here's my first hybrid. I plan to build a different one.

This is a Zastava M90NP in 223/556. It uses AR mags. The gas block is adjustable.

I plan to ditch the furniture and parkerize the whole rifle. Here it is out of thd box:

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts
Congrats! It's hideously beautiful!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So... after you ditch the furniture and parkerize it, are you going to put new furniture on it?
Well, I was thinking of going for that minimalist look. ;)

It think I'd like to get wood furniture for it- particularly battle-field-pickup or trench art furniture (so used).

I did just see an SKS online today that was parkerized with OD green synthetic stock... I am at least considering Cerakoting the plastic. It would certainly be cheaper.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is what happens when you ditch the furniture... ;)

You gotta wear oven mitts at the range! :D

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that's the look! Awesome OPAP!!

I'm parkerizing my DF currently... Trying to get the folder off so I can blast.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. The out of the box rifle looked good to me.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I like it, I'm a huge fan of Zastava, they make good stuff.

I also read that the 5.56/.223 Zastava AK's have chromed bores, which is huge for me, because I'm obsessive about my semi-auto rifles having hard chromed bores. It's the reason I passed on an AR-556, no chrome......

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Great job. I will hold out for the Ruger version. Probably not in my life time.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like it, I'm a huge fan of Zastava, they make good stuff.

I also read that the 5.56/.223 Zastava AK's have chromed bores, which is huge for me, because I'm obsessive about my semi-auto rifles having hard chromed bores. It's the reason I passed on an AR-556, no chrome......
Yep, they're chromed. That was a plus for me... Especially on an AK. Barrel swaps aren't like ARs.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
You know me and a coworker were talking about this exact thing. How people hybridize AKs into looking like ARs by putting AR furniture on it and such but, since yours started with the usual ak furniture and you're keeping it that way and even adding legitimate war pickups then I guess yours gets a pass. The only thing that it shares with the AR is the mag and caliber. I'll be waiting for the update when you have it parked and new furniture.
This is the reason I love this forum, so many people are into so many different things.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
AR vs. AK

NICE!
But you disappointed me as I was expecting a battle between Arkansas & Alaska. :eek:

Just combine them. :cool:

Here's my first hybrid. I plan to build a different one.

This is a Zastava M90NP in 223/556. It uses AR mags. The gas block is adjustable.

I plan to ditch the furniture and parkerize the whole rifle. Here it is out of thd box:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts