Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and good day all, just finished my first AR308 build and need a decent and durable scope in say $250 area..I'm well versed in hunting scopes but what the heck to put on this, range toy to 400 yards and the post rapture apocalypse(If I'm here). There's just to many choices it's overwhelming, thank you in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings and good day all, just finished my first AR308 build and need a decent and durable scope in say $250 area..I'm well versed in hunting scopes but what the heck to put on this, range toy to 400 yards and the post rapture apocalypse(If I'm here). There's just to many choices it's overwhelming, thank you in advance View attachment 144489
I'm right there with you of choices

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm right there with you of choices
Mike the scope shelves are quite bare, I found a Vortex diamondback 3-9x40 with dead-hold recticle , glass looked good I took it home. I'm familiar with this type of scope I have a redfield with Bullet drop recticle on my AR15 it works well for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike the scope shelves are quite bare, I found a Vortex diamondback 3-9x40 with dead-hold recticle , glass looked good I took it home. I'm familiar with this type of scope I have a redfield with Bullet drop recticle on my AR15 it works well for me
Any chance seeing your scope on

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Vortex is not a bad choice, own a few of them. On my long range 308 i have a burris eliminator laser range finding scope. Was way north of $250 but worth its price. A few of my ar's on the large frame type, i run one nikon monarch 3 6x24x50FC, i have a 3x9x50 nikon bdc on one, and 3x9x40bdc scipe, cant remember the make off hand. It has the bdc calibrated turrets for 168 bullets. I do recommend the weaver tactical 6 hole rings high, and a set of 1/2" 3 slot yankee hill machine risers. That puts the scope perfect in most cases. I would also recommend a bravo company gunfighter large charging handle ti allow easier operation on the scoped AR.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My son set me this reflex site for Fathers Day

Hope your eyes work better at long range with a red dot than mine. I had a red dot on mine for a while but could not keep a decent group beyond 25 yards so went back to a scope.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Hope your eyes work better at long range with a red dot than mine. I had a red dot on mine for a while but could not keep a decent group beyond 25 yards so went back to a scope.
I have done 200 to 300 with my national match m1a with iron sights. I have shot out to 500 with my ar 10 equipped with an eotech, 1 moa dot, so 5" at 500 yards. For precision work a good magnified optic is a must.
Here is my 243win with a 6x24,50 nikon monarch

This is the wifes 308 set up with bdc scope turrets, good out to 600 yards, highly accurate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been pleased with my Primary Arms 1x8 on my SR762.
Good quality and won't break the bank.
1x for up to 100 yds and crank it up for distance.
I use a PA 1x6 on my AR15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings and good day all, just finished my first AR308 build and need a decent and durable scope in say $250 area..I'm well versed in hunting scopes but what the heck to put on this, range toy to 400 yards and the post rapture apocalypse(If I'm here). There's just to many choices it's overwhelming, thank you in advance View attachment 144489
This Leupold would be at the top of the list in that price range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The hunting scopes have it- now, keep in mind that a quality red dot is worth considering, especially for those that like targeting 100 yards or closer.

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
I have a Vortex Diamondback 3-9 with MOA reticle on my 6.5 Grendel. I've used it out to 300 yards so far, works great.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,270 Posts
I have a Burris 4X-12X-50mm XTR scope on my Armalite AR-10. It is great out to 500 yards.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
I have a Burris 4X-12X-50mm XTR scope on my Armalite AR-10. It is great out to 500 yards.

View attachment 144806
I want to build one like yours, except the A2 front sight block and A2 style carry handle, im jealous. But that style is hard to find, most kow are railed, and free floated, i perfer traditional. Nice riifle.!

Reactions: LimaCharlie
1 - 16 of 16 Posts