Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know there is a lot of good scopes for the ar. I just purchased a bushmaster in the m16a2 configuration with the built in "carry handle" my question is, dose any one make a good mount for a scope or what's the best set up for mounting a scope on this rifle?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research on the subject lately. I don't care for red dots so I don't have any info on them and I don't think I need a $1200 trijicon battle field scope so ! kept mine choices in the range to $200 to $500. I have it narrowed down to 3.

$189 Nicon P-223 fixed 3 with p-223 mount ($50 rebate on this one)
$389 Nicon M-223 3-9 with M-223 mount
$489 Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm not sure which mount yet

I have yet to make a decision on which I want I think it is between option 1 & 3. My birthday is Friday if anyone wants to get me a gift LOL :D

After all that typing I just realized your are asking about mounts not scopes

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that your carry handle is fixed and part of the upper? Like M16's all were back in the day.

Is so, that limits your options. When I first got my Stag Model 1 AR-15 which has a removable carry handle, I just installed a rail attachment on top of the handle with an inexpensive 4x32 scope. I worked very well, but does put the scope fairly high.

Since then I removed the carry handle and installed the Nikon M223 scope and M223 mount.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the upper is the solid one piece with carry handle and iron sights that we (post Vietnam) all learned to shoot in the army.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts