Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry I have no intention of mounting a real bayonet to my AR556.

But I would like to use the bayonet lug to Mount a tiny rail onto it so I can attach a light to it. Problem is with the proprietary bayonet lug on the AR556 the standard ProMag bayonet lug accessory rail won't mount properly according to Amazon reviews.

Does anyone know of any other options for bayonet lug accessory rails that are compatible with my AR556?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought the ProMag for my AR... but its not a ruger. Haven't got to put it on yet.

If you modify a little could it to fit the Ruger? I know it doesn't fit straight off for a lot of different brand ARs but those have said a little dremel work and it is good to go. Or is it a case that the AR556 owners say there is no way it will fit. From the research I did, it just looked far superior than all the other options. Thats why if it doesnt fit, Im going to make it fit.

·
Rifleman
1,630 Posts
I have a few diff styles.

The Promag. kinda heavy and bulky.

Kley-Zion Bayonet Lug Mount. By far my most fav and prolly the most likely to fit, since it slides on to the front part only. First pic, its on backwards to clear the hand guard(works both ways).

https://www.botach.com/kley-zion-bayonet-lug-mount/

Both of these have it mounted.

Cross Tac. Well made..but expensive and over built, imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts