Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recommendations for a buttstock pad for my AR556 i just purchased. I would like to have one that will mount on to the Ruger stock that came with the rifle Any suggestions? I contacted Magpul, they said theres will not work according to them.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I am looking for recommendations for a buttstock pad for my AR556 i just purchased. I would like to have one that will mount on to the Ruger stock that came with the rifle Any suggestions? I contacted Magpul, they said theres will not work according to them.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. The stock that comes on the AR-556 is as standard as adjustable AR stocks come. You can either put another stock on it that has a pad more to your liking, or find a pad that fits the existing stock.

There are many, many vendors out there that make AR parts and accessories.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
There's quite a few options that slip over the butt of the stock. Limbsaver and Tapco are common choices. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I put one on my SR22 first and just ordered from Iron Eagle with rails for the SR. When I got my SR556 I liked the one the 22 so just ordered another from them

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
842 Posts
I bought a cheap, generic one on fleabay. Just do a search for AR15 butt pad or something similar.

Aqualung

1 - 9 of 9 Posts