Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd start one just so others might be aware

Interesting. I received my order from Joeboboutfitters today. Received two Elite 452 trigger assemblies just as I had ordered. Opened on up and tried it out, played with it etc. Put it away, then awhile later thought hmmm, I should compare the pull of the two... Opened the second and to my surprise it was missing the two-stage disconnector and disconnector spring.

The one on the left if missing the disconnector and spring

I called Ruger, they initially said to just send it in. I asked if they would simply just send the two pieces that were omitted, they were supposed to call me back this afternoon but didn't. I plan to call tomorrow, might just end up having to send it back to them for a replacement.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Ouch. That is a pain. Quality control at some places is getting bad.

I ordered a jacket last week from Duluth. I get and put it in n the sleeves are to my finger tips. I'm like wow, check the tag and it is a tall. I am 6'2" but the sizing chart said get regular for my chest size. I check the order sent with it and it says regular.

Yes they send prepaid return etc, but it is allot of hassle on my side for their poor quality control.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mini update, Ruger did call me back this morning. But it wasn't with regards to my call from yesterday. Yesterday I had call joebob's, who of course said I needed to call Ruger. I said that's fine, but offered a photo sent to them for awareness. joebob's offered to have me send them the photo's and order info and they would forward it to their rep.

Apparently they did because Ruger had the photos this morning. Small mix up was, and I have no idea why, they thought it was the BX trigger assembly (for the 10/22?). I had covered the model info in my email to joebob, so not sure why they though otherwise, especially looking at the triggers. Anyways, the lady that called me was in New Hampshire and was going to forward to the other facility that handles the AR rifles.

I really hope they can simply send me the two pieces that are missing as opposed to having to return and receive a new assembly (that seems like a waste of everyone's time).

Has anyone compared the OEM trigger in their AR556 to the Elite 452? Not talking about the trigger pull, which is night and day, I tried it last night. I'm talking about the entire setup assembly. The mechanics of the OEM trigger are totally different, the elite 452 isn't just finer parts replacing OEM parts, it releases from an entirely different point.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruger called me back again, they are sending the missing two pieces.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would happen if it was installed and fired?
It would probably just be a single shot unless it managed a bump fire. If the trigger was held back, there would be nothing to catch the hammer as the bolt pushes is back and it would travel forward with the bolt as another round was loaded.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I need to buy one of those just to get that housing setup... That would be a great teaching aid when working with Boy Scouts and JROTC.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to buy one of those just to get that housing setup... That would be a great teaching aid when working with Boy Scouts and JROTC.
The only thing I can see that would make the housing better would be if it were clear. While it's easy to see how the Elite 452 trigger works in the housing, once you put it in your rifle and put your stock trigger in this housing, it's going to be difficult to see how the seer disengages as most of mine are under the hammer as opposed to the 452 being towards the top and in full view.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received my replacement parts today... Actually they sent me an entire new assembly! Hopefully in the near future those two missing parts will be available so I could get this one going on the cheap.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had UPS show up today, wasn't expecting anything. To my surprise Ruger sent me the disconnector and the spring. So my third Elite 452 is now complete. Just gotta decide which AR to put it in. Debating between my Adams Arms AA-15 (piston AR) or my M&P15 300 Whisper.

Went out this afternoon to do some target shooting and am really impressed with this trigger, huge difference in how I'm shooting when using an AR with this trigger installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Missing Installation Instructions

Received my elite 452 without instructions, tried to follow rugers video but I must of missed something, any one have copy of the installation instructions, unable to trigger with safety lever installed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update - installed to trigger using my old trigger (M&P 15-22) pins, they had a extra grove in the ends, used the ones suppled by Ruger in the Elite 852 package and everything works.

A very happy camper

·
Registered
242 Posts
Had UPS show up today, wasn't expecting anything. To my surprise Ruger sent me the disconnector and the spring. So my third Elite 452 is now complete. Just gotta decide which AR to put it in. Debating between my Adams Arms AA-15 (piston AR) or my M&P15 300 Whisper.

Went out this afternoon to do some target shooting and am really impressed with this trigger, huge difference in how I'm shooting when using an AR with this trigger installed.
So you got a third trigger kit for free? NICE!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts