Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine wore enough around 2,000 rounds to easily fail the "stand me on my nose" test of the bolt carrier group.
But the rifle continued to run OK.
Just lately, around 3,000 rounds, the rifle began to do some frequent FTFs which looked like it was short stroking.
Got some gas rings (from DSA) and put a new set in.
Rifle runs fine now.
Not to brag or anything but just for comparison my old SP1 with 9,000 rounds through it (I bought it new ages ago) still passes the "stand me on my nose" test with the original gas rings. Go figure...........
Thanks

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
That is why you have spares in the tool box, things nowadays are made to wear out. Can't sell parts unless they wear out.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,094 Posts
That is why you have spares in the tool box, things nowadays are made to wear out. Can't sell parts unless they wear out.
True i have several spares in my toolbox. 3k rounds seems a low number for replacement. I have a few rifles that have more than that, with no issues. Only issue I have had with the ar platform was yesterday. For some strange reason the bolt catch kept catching while I was firing the rifle, causing me to have to drop the bolt with the rifles magpul bad lever. I took apart the rifles bolt catch assembly when I got home, everything looked good and functional, but I am still trying to determine what was happening. I polished the bolt catch, but I may replace the spring and catch just as a precaution. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts