Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the question, I was finally able to find my AR556.
Unfortunately it's a state compliant model. Not a too big deal as I'm not
required in New Hampshire to be restricted :D
Magazine is no biggie but the issue is with the butt stock.
Non-collapsible and I want to change it over. I know I have to change the tube also to make it collapsible but I want to keep the look as it is. The latest Magpul is completely different.
Is it possible to order the tube and collapsible butt stock from Ruger?
If so, part #?
I'm in Northern New Hampshire so the Newport NH factory isn't that far away.
Thanks,.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I suspect that you may have to look for a third-party to get the fixed stock. Somewhere I saw a wood stock and hand guard but they didn't come from Ruger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
don't be surprised if they won't sell you those parts

i put a pof anti tilt tube and magpul ACS stock on mine and i love it

changed the trigger out for a timmney,,put ambi safety with anti walk pins and a red dot

all it needed,,,ready to rock now,,,good shooter

ocharry

·
Registered
440 Posts
If I understand your question, you want the rifle to look the same, just have a collapsible stock?

I don't have a Ruger, so I don't know if the receiver extension (buffer tube) that they use on the pinned stocks have the holes drilled for the different positions. If not, you will need to replace that.

As far as the stock, just order a standard, mil-spec M4 stock from just about anywhere, like Midway USA, or Brownells... the only difference is that it won't have the Ruger logo in the circle on the stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes you have to change the tube,,,the way ruger pins the stock on that tube you will wreck both pieces getting them apart,,,and the original does not have the notches anyway

these rifles have a mil spec tube,,,but if you are going to change both pieces it does not matter,,,,just get both pieces to match each other and you are good to go

ocharry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the collapsible stock I was looking for.
Took it and the lower to my local shop.
He installed a 6 position ml-spec tube for me.
Out the door $28. Fits perfect and can't wait to get to the range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found the collapsible stock I was looking for.
Took it and the lower to my local shop.
He installed a 6 position ml-spec tube for me.
Out the door $28. Fits perfect and can't wait to get to the range.
I have a Ruger AR556 CA Compliant with a fixed Hera CQR stock can you please let me know what stock you used on yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts