Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new AR556 yesterday at a LGS, which was on sale for Black Friday. After I got the gun home today, and unboxed it, I discovered it is a State Compliant rifle, I think. Please don't harp on me for not inspecting the rifle prior, but it was a mad house there, and there was not one on the shelf out of the box to look at. I realize, I made a dumb mistake. Anyway, this was purchased in Indiana, a non Compliant state. The barrel is not threaded, no flash hider, the stock is not adjustable. The gun came with a Pro Mag 30 round magazine. I read the state compliant guns come with a 10 round metal magazine. This is what has me puzzled. Why would it have the 30 round magazine, but the other state compliant features are included? Do all the AR556 rifles come with Pro Mag magazines? The ID # on the box does include SC. Sure wish I would have researched a little more before I made this purchase.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
The state compliant ships with a 10 round mag. Maybe the LGS through in the 30 round mag to make it less painful.

Pop a new stock on it at some point and you will hav everything except the flash hider.

Black Friday Frenzy gets the best of many at sme point. Had a punt man at work tying to sell 55 inch LCD's last year. He had bought 3 and lived in a one room apartment. I think he took a loss on the two extra he had.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Sounds like the magazine was swapped. MeagerHair nailed it. Add a new stock and blast away. I'd get better magazines than ProMag... I have never been a fan of their magazines.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hopefully you don't have the bullet button too.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does not have the bullet button. Can drop the mag like normal using the mag release.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some satisfaction. Went to the LGS where I purchased the rifle this morning. They swapped the Pro Mag for a Mag Pul gen 2, 30 round mag. The fixed stock fits me well, so I guess all is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts