Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new AR556, and I want to change the stock. Is the Ruger a Mil-spec or commercial buffer tube?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mil spec.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just today put a new Magpul ctr mil spec stock on mine. It has the friction lock and is very tight. Definitely a step up from stock. $51 on SG and free shipping

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI for those who own a "compliant" version. That buffer tube is Mil-spec as well. I was able to unpin mine to replace it with another. It was easy enough. :)

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
been searching a lot of stock manufacturers for my AR556.

ATI, Magpul, Mission First Tactical Daniel Defense and others have some good looking stuff. I'm looking for some grey stuff, and finally found some.

Good luck.

JUST REMEMBER, IF ITS NOT MILSPEC IT WONT WORK ON YOUR RIFLE!

·
Registered
247 Posts
on the commie compliant version 10 round mag ? how do you load the mag ? if the mag is locked in place or isn't it ? Thank God Ilive in a free state and was wondering

·
Registered
247 Posts
targetshooter77 wasn't trying to be funny??. I have been told that in some states the 10 rd mags were pinned. I have never seen it. I just got into the AR platform after 43 years out of the Army. I also moved from the state of NY because of their gun laws. commie compliant is a term used up north

·
Registered
14 Posts
targetshooter77 wasn't trying to be funny??. I have been told that in some states the 10 rd mags were pinned. I have never seen it. I just got into the AR platform after 43 years out of the Army. I also moved from the state of NY because of their gun laws. commie compliant is a term used up north
In mass, here are our restrictions for ARs:

1) 10 round removable mags unless they are "pre-ban"...Plenty of preban 20+30 round mags available.

2) No "flash hiders"....Comps and brakes are fine but need to be Pinned in place....Complete idiocy.

3) No telescopic buttstocks....again-complete idiocy....but you can use any stock on the market as long as it's either pinned or not telescopic....luckly, I am a huge fan of the fixed stocks on the market anyway.

All of the above does not deter many in the state to own ARs and in fact, the ownership of them has soared. There are many in the background trying to overturn the Mass AWB and hopefully will soon. All we can do is work with what laws we have, not let that deter us from ownership and work hard to get the laws changed.

Other states have it far worse....in California, you have to have a bullet button...thats a device that keeps you from removing the magazine unless you use a tool to do so.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
I'm originally from NJ, lived in CA for 11, back to NJ for 25 more. I guess commie compliant is something new.

I live in AZ, still cant figure out how you would reload a mag that's either pinned or fixed to a chassis?

btw, our only limits here are the normal suppressor/full auto/sawed off restrictions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts