Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the range today I shot three of my Pistols - LC9S, Bersa Thunder UC 9, Bersa Thunder 380.

My 10-yard group sizes on the Bersa Thunder UC 9, Bersa Thunder 380 were OK but nothing to be proud of. The LC9S, however, was something to brag about. I am consistently a better shot with my LC9S. I feel that the difference is the trigger. I wonder if the full size Ruger pistols have triggers that are anywhere near as good as that of the lc9s?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
You are correct, it's the trigger.

I have a SR9c & I like that trigger a bit better, but the LC9s is very good.:cool:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
I wonder if the full size Ruger pistols have triggers that are anywhere near as good as that of the lc9s?
I haven't tried a RAP yet, but I can say resoundingly most of the Ruger full-size models have BETTER triggers than the lowly LC9s.

The SR1911 especially so. Heck, even the DA/SA original P-Series guns (I hate the P345, not a real P series in my book) had a lot better SA break than the LC9s. The SR Poly's aren't anything to brag about, but it's really not so hard to beat an LC9s's trigger.

But it's really not fruitful to compare a striker fired LC9s to a DA/SA or SA pistol, the striker fire design isn't ever going to be as good as a true SA break.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A full size pistol will do everything better but carry.

On triggers anything less than 7lbs is fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
At the range today I shot three of my Pistols - LC9S, Bersa Thunder UC 9, Bersa Thunder 380.

My 10-yard group sizes on the Bersa Thunder UC 9, Bersa Thunder 380 were OK but nothing to be proud of. The LC9S, however, was something to brag about. I am consistently a better shot with my LC9S. I feel that the difference is the trigger. I wonder if the full size Ruger pistols have triggers that are anywhere near as good as that of the lc9s?
celem ... the other advantage that a full size pistol brings to the table in terms of accuracy is a longer sight radius (distance between the front and rear sight). The greater the distance between front and rear sights (within reason) the more a precise alignment can be attained as it is easier to see any small degree of "misalignment" in your sight picture or movement (wobble).

As an example, the following target comparison is between my CZ 75b (6.5" sight radius) and my CZ 2075 RAMI (4" sight radius). While the actual sights are identical and the triggers are comparable, the 75b is capable of sub 1" free hand groups at 10 yards while the best the RAMI will do is about 1" at 7 yards (both targets are 1" CNC dots).

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I agree with the OP.

I have a SR9c with more than 6000 rounds thru it. Have fired about half a dozen other SR series Striker fired center fired pistols (I also have the SR22 but that is a hammer model).

I have more than 2000 rounds thru my LC9s. None of the SR series that I have fired has/had a trigger that was as good as the LC9s.

(Point is that both of mine are well broken it.)

At SD distances, I can easily match a full size SR9 with my LC9s.

Maybe my LC9s has a better trigger than others (or maybe I've fired a bunch of SR series with crappy triggers.)

All of the triggers on the SR striker series I have fired have been better than the triggers on any of the "perfect" pistols that I have fired.

I've never fired the SR1911 pistol; it is a hammer model. And obviously since I've never fired one, I can't compare it.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Everyone's mileage can vary. I find I shoot my SR9c (short of full size) much better than my lc9s. I consider both triggers great - both better than my G17, in my opinion. I think that it's a combo of all factors - grip, weight, site radius and trigger. For me, I can shoot better with the SR9c than I can my full size G17 despite shorter site radius. I think the grip and trigger make the difference. While I haven't fired a full size SR9 or RAP, I would hope they would be great for me too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I also shoot my lc9s better then any of my other guns, love the trigger and the gun. I've measured the trigger pull of my lc9s at 4.5lbs, and the trigger pull of my sr9 at 5.5-6lbs. I like the sr9 very much, I think it's a great shooting gun.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My SR9c and SR40c are just as good if not better, but I shoot the SR40c the best out of my semi autos.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My Kp944 shoots like a beast in double action and isn't too accurate, but then I don't expect it'll ever break a guide rod either. bh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts