Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
I have bought ten new guns in the past three years, five have been Rugers.
I am still to see the first fault with any of them (all ten).
Maybe I'm just the lucky one.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
I think the issue is that "New Users" are not what they used to be.

I see many, many posts from people asking "Is this normal?" when their adjustable sights are off, people who are afraid of mold or machining marks on the non visible portions of their slides, etc. They don't like the trigger. Their firearm came dirty from the factory.... The list of issues goes on and on.

Many of the new users don't have any friends who have firearms so they don't know what to expect. A lot of "malfunctions" are lack of knowledge, i.e. (like limp wristing) incorrect mag loading or over/under lubrication.

Many of the new users have no mechanical abilites at all and assume that fireams need no maintenance, ever...

Then when things don't work perfectly, they turn to the Internet and start a firestorm as they blame everybody and their brother. The last thing they would ever think of is talking to a gunsmith about their firearm to get familiar with it and the care it needs.
Pretty much.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.