Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully they are built like a tank. I have a 10/22 that I have had for about 23 years and about 18 or so years ago I had a little incident with it. I was out plinking one day, shooting at some cans about 50 yards away. On one of my shots I missed a can or so I thought, I took a second shot at it taking a little more time and missed again. I noticed the second shot sounded a little funny and I didn't see where it hit so I took another shot at a target a lot closer, to my horror nothing came out of the barrel. When I got back home sure enough the barrel was plugged, apparently the first shot was a bad round that stopped about half way down the barrel and I had put two more right behind it. I took the barrel off and if I looked right down it I could see a slight bulge where the bullets had stopped but there was no other damage. I soon had a new barrel and I was back in business.

I had almost forgot about this until I was cleaning up today and found that old barrel.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REB

Thankfully they are built like a tank.
Hmm, I like to think Tanks are built like a Ruger!

That is one thing I like about the 10/22, there is a billion replacement and custom parts for it, and cheap too!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Glad the strength of Ruger's design proved itself in keeping you safe. I ponder more and more each day what a heck of a man Bill Ruger was.

·
Registered
191 Posts
quote:Originally posted by peace

Glad the strength of Ruger's design proved itself in keeping you safe. I ponder more and more each day what a heck of a man Bill Ruger was.
I worked closely with Bill Ruger for a number of years. A 'heck of a man' doesn't even begin to describe him!

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
One of the reasons the Ruger revolvers like the SP have such a rep for being built like a tank is they don't have a side plate like most revolvers. This feature greatly enhances the strength of the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.