Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully they are built like a tank. I have a 10/22 that I have had for about 23 years and about 18 or so years ago I had a little incident with it. I was out plinking one day, shooting at some cans about 50 yards away. On one of my shots I missed a can or so I thought, I took a second shot at it taking a little more time and missed again. I noticed the second shot sounded a little funny and I didn't see where it hit so I took another shot at a target a lot closer, to my horror nothing came out of the barrel. When I got back home sure enough the barrel was plugged, apparently the first shot was a bad round that stopped about half way down the barrel and I had put two more right behind it. I took the barrel off and if I looked right down it I could see a slight bulge where the bullets had stopped but there was no other damage. I soon had a new barrel and I was back in business.

I had almost forgot about this until I was cleaning up today and found that old barrel.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REB

Thankfully they are built like a tank.
Hmm, I like to think Tanks are built like a Ruger!

That is one thing I like about the 10/22, there is a billion replacement and custom parts for it, and cheap too!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Rugers are the strongest fire arms I know of.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Glad the strength of Ruger's design proved itself in keeping you safe. I ponder more and more each day what a heck of a man Bill Ruger was.

·
Registered
191 Posts
quote:Originally posted by peace

Glad the strength of Ruger's design proved itself in keeping you safe. I ponder more and more each day what a heck of a man Bill Ruger was.
I worked closely with Bill Ruger for a number of years. A 'heck of a man' doesn't even begin to describe him!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
If it wasn't for him, a lot of poor people, including me, wouldn't be able to shoot the guns that they have. In my opinion, Ruger has given more for the money, than any other gun Mfg.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
One of the reasons the Ruger revolvers like the SP have such a rep for being built like a tank is they don't have a side plate like most revolvers. This feature greatly enhances the strength of the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts