Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys; just got a LC9, great little gun; only put 70rds through it. Did a lot of reading about it; lots of good / knowledgable input on this site; appreciated! What's your feelings on doing the Galloway modified hammer with the Rtk short stroke trigger ; keeping stock trigger bar ; anyone running this set-up? also stainless recoil rod and 20lb. springs (sounds like 18lb. aren't available any longer) to tame recoil a bit. thanks John

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've done the trigger bar and hammer mods, makes the LC9 a totally different firearm...for the better.
Also the spring change, which I use depending on the practice ammo I am using(I reload).

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've handled and shoot a couple of Lc9's with all of the Galloway part's and replacement trigger installed and they were really sweet shooting pistol's. Both felt nothing at all like my stock Lc9, night and day's difference.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well first off, you can not run the modified hammer and RTK trigger without also running the modified trigger bar.
Can not comment on the RTK Trigger but I can tell you that the modified hammer and trigger bar as what I would call a must do.

I can't comment on the recoil spring and guide rod either as I am still running the stock ones. They were something I had planned on changing though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rat; I've read that RTK short stroke, not the Rtk tactical trigger will work with hammer only, not modified tigger bar; and this is my question; on short stroke trigger. thanks for reply anyway. John

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well I looked at everything on the RTK short stroke trigger and from looking at the videos on You tube. it doesn't look all the short too me. But then having done the trigger on mine myself not using the galloway parts. I don't really see how the trigger can actually change the travel length.

If you truely want a short travel trigger then when you send your hammer to Galloway just send him your trigger bar also.

Word of warning though, you will not be able to go back to stock unless you send your pistol to Ruger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While waiting for my LC9 to ship, I began looking at the mods to "correct" issues other owners were having. I had already mentally prepared myself to not be completely satisfied with it unmodified. If I could have ordered a trigger kit without sending the parts in, I would have. Well, I've put about 500 rounds through mine and I absolutely will not modify the trigger in any way. Sure, it is long and doesn't compare favorably to my larger autos, but it is smooth and predictable. I will change the guide rod, but that's a purely cosmetic mod for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I finished the mods to my LC9 last night. Done the transfer bar/hammer mod, also changed the blocker and lifter springs. Put in Eric's 20lb recoil spring and the RTK trigger. Today I ran 100 rounds through the gun. I really liked the gun before, now I love this little gun. Trigger pull is "MUCH" shorter, smoother and adjustable. Thank you Eric and Debbie for all your help and for GREAT service. Anyone doubting this mod, do it, you won't be disappointed, at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts