Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you ever think about an agency keeping track of how much ammo we’re buying? In my state you have to provide your FOID card for ammo purchases. I always think about someone keeping track of the amount of ammo I’m buying when I pay. I think, I should pay with cash (instead of debit or credit card) just to fly under the radar, but then, when I present my FOID, does it really matter?
I don’t put anything past any of them.
However I would guess not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you ever think about an agency keeping track of how much ammo we’re buying? In my state you have to provide your FOID card for ammo purchases. I always think about someone keeping track of the amount of ammo I’m buying when I pay. I think, I should pay with cash (instead of debit or credit card) just to fly under the radar, but then, when I present my FOID, does it really matter?
Sounds like Illinois! I thought all the guns and ammo,were smuggled in from Indiana and Wisconsin!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hear in the not so great southwestern sh*t hole state we are tracked by quantity and caliber.. if your buying someone is watching.. it wont be long before the dots are connected across the union..

cash is king and phones can be turned off.. no tinfoil needed just common sense..

I have said it for well over a decade.. we have the right to keep and bare arms. we have no right to ammo.. get a press while you can.. lead is still plentiful and unregulated..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in the great communist republic of California. Allow me to enlighten y'all as to how our ammunition purchases go down:

-Background check: yes, each and every time you buy ammo. It's a 'cursory' check that runs some nominal fee.
-Don't fail that check: wrong address, mis-spelled middle name, you moved since you bought your last firearm etc. this 'check' will get kicked back. You are now going to pay another fee and go through a full NICS check just as if you were buying an actual firearm. And will probably have a waiting period to pick up said ammo.
-what you are buying regarding caliber and quantity I can absolutely assure you IS getting cataloged. This is the CA DOJ after all.

So for those of you that live in 'free-er' states I will leave you with this warning: pay attention. If they can do it in our states and get away with it it's coming to YOU soon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't need any cards or anything like that to purchase ammo but if the govt wants to track me, they can have at it! They'd all be bored to death inside a week! If they're going to come after all the gun owners, they've got their work cut out... and I don't think they'll all survive it, either. It's gonna be a mess. I also don't think I'll live to see it, either... at least I hope not!
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Cat Herder
1,630 Posts

This is an eight year old article. Before Alexa and Siri and all the other assistants became so popular. Think how much technology and tracking has changed since then. If Target could tell you were pregnant before your parents eight years ago, what could other companies figure out today?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Right now there is computer, somewhere, watching me type. With the right warrants they can get my IP address and.........Corndog hears knocking at his door.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just when I thought it was safe to put the tinfoil hat away................

Reactions: Tacky

·
Registered
172 Posts
currently, the state of california requires a background check EACH TIME YOU PURCHASE AMMO.

the law was taken to court and defeated but the state has asked for a stay and it was granted...it was ruled unconstitutional and interfered with the commerce in arms act and interferes with the citizens right in exercising of the second Amendment.

but...california legislature has a history of being very hostile to firearms and the Second Amendment.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,768 Posts
currently, the state of california requires a background check EACH TIME YOU PURCHASE AMMO.

the law was taken to court and defeated but the state has asked for a stay and it was granted...it was ruled unconstitutional and interfered with the commerce in arms act and interferes with the citizens right in exercising of the second Amendment.

but...california legislature has a history of being very hostile to firearms and the Second Amendment.
Yet another reason i wouldnt live there, i dont visit, and dont care too.

Reactions: American

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Right now there is computer, somewhere, watching me type. With the right warrants they can get my IP address and.........Corndog hears knocking at his door.
Just like the ones they got to keep investigating the russia thing??? :oops: :confused:
We all know they will print those warrants by the truckload when desired.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,768 Posts
Just when I thought it was safe to put the tinfoil hat away................
Maybe they can tell me how much i have that way i dont have to count them several times to make sure i didn't lose count.

They may know how much i have bought to reload, but they have no idea how much has been expended, only an estimate due to different amounts of powder for different reloads, and if they want a BORING job keeping up with such things.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Maybe they can tell me how much i have that way i dont have to count them several times to make sure i didn't lose count.
I think you’re on to something here.......”BATF, this is Mark. I’m heading to the property this weekend, I need a round count for .223’s, 22-250’s, my Creed and .204’s. Get back with me before 4pm”.

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
6,768 Posts
I think you’re on to something here.......”BATF, this is Mark. I’m heading to the property this weekend, I need a round count for .223’s, 22-250’s, my Creed and .204’s. Get back with me before 4pm”.
:D 😉(y)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,316 Posts
The fine state of California now requires background checks on ammo purchases too. Costs a dollar per purchase regardless of volume/price so advanced planning is required.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Drive across the border into Iowa to buy your ammo. They don't have any of the ammo purchase BS laws here.

YET!

·
Super Moderator
21,253 Posts
Dave, Dave's not here.

With the number of people that roll their own even if they are keeping track what good will it do them?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Naa, you hand loaders are in the minority and on a completely different list. They will come for you guys last. They will use my store bought ammo to shoot it out with you.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts