Ruger Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't need any cards or anything like that to purchase ammo but if the govt wants to track me, they can have at it! They'd all be bored to death inside a week! If they're going to come after all the gun owners, they've got their work cut out... and I don't think they'll all survive it, either. It's gonna be a mess. I also don't think I'll live to see it, either... at least I hope not!
Cheers,
crkckr
It will be a mess beyond belief. If they can't handle these antifa losers and peaceful protester terrorists and their ice bottle and rock rioting, how are they going to deal with real adults?

I'd be more worried about the state governments... the mentally ill liberal state governments that is. My state is not politically mentally ill... yet? lol But CA, NY, MA, etc... if you can't vote them out, it is time people vote with their feet.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Reactions: petergunn

·
"The Real Deal"
6,753 Posts
The Texas rangers had a saying "one riot, one ranger"
I'd bet the new saying will be "one deplorable, one drone"
I knew one day these would come in handy.. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nope, no government agency at the state or federal level is coordinated enough to do that. Believe me, I know. Actually, such a concern is laughable.

GS
Do you ever think about an agency keeping track of how much ammo we’re buying?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I live in a 'freer red' state, use cash, and purchase most of my ammo at a local hardware store. My concern isn't being tracked. My issue is a gun that's always hungry, and overeats my supply. I just don't have the heart to put it on a diet. So I have to hide ammo from it, to have some surplus on hand. Fortunately we seem to still have a good supply of .357 Mag readily available in these little mom & pop hole in the walls locally. Actually going to go buy some today. and try to sneak it past her.

Reactions: Tacky

·
Registered
154 Posts
Last thing I worry about. Ever been in the Military? Worked for the Federal Government? Bought a firearm from an FFL? Subsribed to a Gun Magazine? Posted on A GUN FORUM? Paid Income Tax? SO many way's to trace you. Not enough tin foil in the world......

·
Registered
176 Posts
Who cares if they tracked it. They have no way of knowing if you shot 10 rounds or 10,000 last week. The numbers mean nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they really want you , they'll just come and get you.
Remember the old saying you're not paranoid if everyone IS out to get you?
If they were out to get you, they'd of gotten you a long time ago, you're just not that important.
(or that good).

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Never said anyone was coming, just that they have all the info they need already.
You can't believe google knows and the government doesn't.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am not feeling real good about the thought that "if they were out to get you, they'd of gotten you a long time ago, your just not that important".

I tend to believe they have just not felt bold enough to do it......yet. Then we see a guy like Beto.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Looks like y’all are still trying to figure this one out............. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Rubone

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Back in the mid to late 70s while I was stationed in Arkansas, when you bought ammo, the sale was written in a log book at the gun shop. When you bought a gun you had to read the form because every so often the questions would change and you could easily blow the sale, each form was accounted for.
One guess who our govenor was at that time.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Back in the mid to late 70s while I was stationed in Arkansas, when you bought ammo, the sale was written in a log book at the gun shop.One guess who our govenor was at that time.
We had to do the same in Missouri at that time and Clinton wasn’t the Gov here. Go figure.

If I read between the lines of your post, (and I could be totally wrong) I get the impression that you know something the rest of us don’t. That maybe as far back as 1978 Bill Clinton was trying to make it harder for the public to get ammo? If this is true please post link, until then it’s just a statement with no credibility. I couldn’t find anything to back that up and I really don’t remember firearms/ammo being on anyone’s radar in that time period. I love facts, they make for a better argument.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Being wrong time to time is easy, I manage to do it every now n then myself.
Were I looking for evidence to support the idea they want to make it harder to own guns/ammo I think I'd start in 1968 not 78.

Reactions: FireEscape

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you buy stuff online, at some point the retailer may have their records subpoenaed whether it be guns or ammo. If you buy at a LGS same thing. We don’t have to help “them“ by announcing what we bought, where we bought it, what we already have, how many we have. Simply joining a web site such as this puts you on a list.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts