Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many of you are on both Forums, and I am not trying to steer anybody to the other one, but I have been keeping up with some things about the Ruger company that is just blowing my mind. The first one is concerning their possibly discontinuing the Blackhawk!

http://www.rugerforum.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/003983.html

The other is that they have removed Alex Sturms name from the company logo.

http://www.rugerforum.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/003965.html

This just floors me, guys. Can't believe that Ruger is so out of tune with the way we Ruger guys feel. To take one of the companys founders off the logo is just wrong. It would be like taking the Smith off of Smith and Wesson! To discontinue the Blackhawk is blasphemy. I bet Bill Ruger is rolling over in his grave.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You gotta wonder if all this is confirmed...I sure hope not...the Blackhawk is, to me, 'bout as perfect as you can get.

As for removing the reference to Mr. Sturm...how pathetic! If that becomes permanent, well, so much for what was becoming really neat tradition...

Gotta keep our fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the guy that posted about the Blackhawk is Chad Hiddleson, the editor of the Red Eagle News Exchange. I am sure he would not have posted it if it were not true. (Or at least he believes it to be true.)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've been following these developments too. The removal of Strum from the company name is verified. There are numerous photos of the new "S"less logos and vocal confirmation as well by company reps. Supposedly there is no name recognition of Alexander Sturms name, so why keep it? Sounds short sighted and self destructive to me.

As for them discontinuing the blued single actions it flat p!$$es me off. I've been trying to put together enough funds to buy a new Blackhawk for some time. But other things have always taken the money. Now my choices will be limited to used or maybe stainless? I don't want used, and I don't like stainless. Hope I can get the funds together soon.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts